Stellaria Chalice, different types?

IKD

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hey, just curious if there are different types of Stellaria Chalice. I see WWC selling them for $299 while TCK Corals have them for $60. The WWC picture is more orange and the TCK picture is more yellow/gold.

Cell

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
All I know is @PedroYoung has the nicest Stellaria I've seen and I purchased one, but it wasnt nearly as nice.

PedroYoung

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
All I know is @PedroYoung has the nicest Stellaria I've seen and I purchased one, but it wasnt nearly as nice.
Thanks for the kind words!! In my experience you'll pay more from the "original" vendor of a named coral and you're paying for the knowledge it's the same as the original. For example the WWC bounce mushrooms are more expensive from WWC than from most other vendors, even though it's PROBABLY the same coral lineage. When I got my original Stellaria it was from Unique Corals. It was my understanding that the original colony was split between Unique and WWC. Unique suffered some losses to their frags and only got a couple out. I've seen good pieces from many vendors. The last one I got was from Brandon at @Zoanthids , he always has great quality at fair price. I've had some major losses lately to my chalice collection, among them my big Stellaria colony. I was able to frag a couple pieces before the end and getting them slowly back. Here are some of my fav Stellaria pics

lil stellaria-8 by Peter Young, on Flickr

Stellaria-69 by Peter Young, on Flickr

stellaria-67 by Peter Young, on Flickr

stellaria-56 by Peter Young, on Flickr

stellaria-25 by Peter Young, on Flickr

stellaria-33 by Peter Young, on Flickr

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 43 35.0%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 27 22.0%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.3%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.3%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 25.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.3%
Back