Stellaria Chalice, different types?

  • Thread starter Thread starter IKD
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

IKD

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 13, 2015
Messages
3,507
Reaction score
4,725
Location
Orlando Area
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
There are so many factors that go into pricing that it’s hard to say. My advice is buy the coral you can afford to lose.
Agree. Just curious about the huge price difference for the same coral
 
All I know is @PedroYoung has the nicest Stellaria I've seen and I purchased one, but it wasnt nearly as nice.
 
All I know is @PedroYoung has the nicest Stellaria I've seen and I purchased one, but it wasnt nearly as nice.
Thanks for the kind words!! In my experience you'll pay more from the "original" vendor of a named coral and you're paying for the knowledge it's the same as the original. For example the WWC bounce mushrooms are more expensive from WWC than from most other vendors, even though it's PROBABLY the same coral lineage. When I got my original Stellaria it was from Unique Corals. It was my understanding that the original colony was split between Unique and WWC. Unique suffered some losses to their frags and only got a couple out. I've seen good pieces from many vendors. The last one I got was from Brandon at @Zoanthids , he always has great quality at fair price. I've had some major losses lately to my chalice collection, among them my big Stellaria colony. I was able to frag a couple pieces before the end and getting them slowly back. Here are some of my fav Stellaria pics

lil stellaria-8 by Peter Young, on Flickr

Stellaria-69 by Peter Young, on Flickr

stellaria-67 by Peter Young, on Flickr

stellaria-56 by Peter Young, on Flickr

stellaria-25 by Peter Young, on Flickr

stellaria-33 by Peter Young, on Flickr
 
IMG_0581.jpeg
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 9 5.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 11 6.7%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 16.6%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 57 35.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.2%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 11 6.7%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 11 6.7%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 24 14.7%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 11 6.7%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new