Stepping up to the big leagues

incept

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 1, 2013
Messages
22
Reaction score
0
Location
SW Alberta
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sooo, I've been doing a fair bit of research and reading lately. I currently have a 90g display tank setup with a 30 gallon sump. I want to move up to a plus size tank now. Looking at building a house and the wife and I would like to do a in the wall set up. I am looking at a 350g tank right now that I can get for a good price being used and all. Just looking for some tips, advice and pointers on setting up and running a big tank like this. Anything to be done differently, different setup, stuff like that. I would like to house all the supplemental stuff underneath the big tank like I have my 90 setup and not have a dedicated room if possible. Thanks for the help!
 
I am wanting to do the same thing but a 120 or 150...I will be hard plumbing everything in a separate room, seems just easier to clean and maintain instead of squeezing things under a stand
 

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 9 20.9%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 5 11.6%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 11 25.6%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 2 4.7%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 2 4.7%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 2 4.7%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 3 7.0%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 9 20.9%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new