Steve's 60 Cube

JumboShrimp

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Absolutely beautiful, congratulations, and nice work!

Allow me to ask you a question about the Fiji Lo Pro overflow… When you kill the power to everything, does the water continue to trickle down into your sump and almost never stop (until the DT level drains to past the lowest weir-slat openings, of course)?

OP
OP
sgarron

sgarron

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Awesome! What are you planning on starting with livestock wise? Are you planning on doing a QT?

By the way thanks for your words of confidence earlier! Helped me get up the courage to finally drill my tank. Way easier than I expected.
Yes, it is nerve wracking. But, once it's done, you see it's not that difficult. (Until next time you have to drill one and the doubts start creeping in again). Guess tht's a good thing, it makes you take your time.

As far as what I'm going to start with, I would like a pair of juvi ocellaris or percs and a yellow watchman. Really depends on what's in stock.

My stock list:

2 Ocellaris 1 standard, 1 Black Darwin (X)

Yellow watchman goby

Royal gramma basslet (X)

Carpenter's Flasher wrasse

Yellow Coris wrasse

2 Blue sapphire damsel or 2 Azure damsels (last addition)

Flameback Angel (X)

Flame Hawk

Last edited:
OP
OP
sgarron

sgarron

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Absolutely beautiful, congratulations, and nice work!

Allow me to ask you a question about the Fiji Lo Pro overflow… When you kill the power to everything, does the water continue to trickle down into your sump and almost never stop (until the DT level drains to past the lowest weir-slat openings, of course)?
Yes it drains down to the bottom of the weir slots. I have my return nozzle at about that same level and it does not take long at all to drain down. I did read about some people having an issue where the tank will continue to drain to the lowest level of the Fiji bulkhead, essentially a leak between the weir box and bulkhead which is easily fixed with a couple wraps of teflon tape. I have not had this issue, at least not yet.

One other thing about the Fiji overflow. The piece of pvc they supply for the emergency drain is way too short. I cut a new one that is about a quarter of an inch higher than the top of the bulkhed. Now it runs completely silent.

JumboShrimp

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That was “me” with the bad experience with the ‘out of round’ o-ring connection. So glad to hear you don’t have a problem. Best wishes, and full-steam ahead with your build!

OP
OP
sgarron

sgarron

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Post a photo of your new (longer) overflow pipe In place, if you get a chance. :)
Tough to get the phone back there for pics, but here ya go:

IMG_1610.jpg
IMG_1614.jpg

OP
OP
sgarron

sgarron

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Couple equipment updates as well:

Aquamaxx FC-80 out, Deltec 600i in.
Small Davey Jones Skimate Locker
Small 500ml dosing container out, BRS gallon jug in.
Reconfigured return plumbing

Looks like the only thing left is to clean up all that spaghetti...

IMG_1616.jpg
IMG_1617.jpg
IMG_1609.PNG

OP
OP
sgarron

sgarron

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Been a while. Made a few changes, most unecessary, just preference.

Swapped out the Emerald sump/ATO for the Triton series, just a better layout for access in my setup.
Swapped out the Nero 3's for a Maxspect 330. Just wanted to try one and decided I like it better.
Swapped out the Deltec for a R.O Elite 150SSS w/ neck cleaner.
Swapped out the Tunze refugium light for Neptune GRO.
Added DOS.

Livestock:

2 Ocellaris 1 standard, 1 Black Darwin (X)

Yellow watchman goby (X)

Royal gramma basslet (X)

Yellow Coris wrasse (X)

3 Azure damsels (X)

Flameback Angel (X)

Flame Hawk (X)

Lawnmower Blenny (X)

RBTA
ORA Green Slimer
ORA Red PLanet

IMG_1868.jpg
IMG_1872.jpg

JumboShrimp

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's funny how, I'm sure, how to your friends that's just a "rat's nest" of wires, but to YOU, you know what each one does and where it goes. LOL. Enjoy! :)

Back