Steve's led light setting for zoa and palys

Tailfisher

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello, can someone please tell me what percentage to start acclimation for zoanthids and palys. Tank is a small frag tank and lights are about 12in from surface. I have same lights on a sps tank and they recommend starting around 30% and move up 1% a day till corals are respo ding well without negative effects. I set the white lower as it washes all the color out. Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks CJ

Ethan Zier

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have steves leds too. I love those lights and I've gotten rid of all my other brands and just run Steves LEDS... But I'm afraid I need much more information to be able to help you out. Tank size, depth of water, Watts for fixture, what fixture is it (retro fit biocube 32 or a SPS grade all in one light). ect.

OP
OP
T

Tailfisher

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello, tank is a jbj 20 frag tank 18x24 and 9in depth. I have the sps light bars for 24 to 34 in tank.

OP
OP
T

Tailfisher

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
20190324_173254.jpg

Ethan Zier

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So my system is running between 50% and 75% because its not wired for max power AND I have Softies / LPS / SPS growing in there.
My light is 30 inches long and has 2 arrays (28 LEDs) shoulder to shoulder at 84 watts. I use dimmer knobs not a controller.

full tank.jpg

OP
OP
T

Tailfisher

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What percentage did you start acclimating corals to lights. Do you have blue and white running same percent. I have same lights but had them cut down to 22in . I did notice yours are sitting on rim of tank, I find it a pain to have to move to do anything so I hung mine 10 or 12in from surface. My other tank is a bio cube with Steve's also and it is full of sps.

Ethan Zier

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Honestly I just wing it and watch how the corals react. That is always the safest way to do acclimations. But I normally keep the Blue channel at 75% and the white at 50% when I add new corals, ramping the blue up to 100% slowly over a week and the white accordingly. I don't have the computer controller hooked up so I cant tell you exactly what its at.

I also have my LED arrays "monkey chained" from each other sharing the same power input.. So even though we might have the same about of LEDs, I believe my lights are actually putting out less light than you so keep that in mind.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 24.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.3%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back