OP
OP
StikHedRon

StikHedRon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks so much for the info, I will be following for sure. Derek from Miracles is building my 60x24x22 tank right now. I am going with an internal overflow for bean animal because I don't want the tank to stick out from the wall to far, hopefully thats the right decision? If I could ask one more question, whats the reason for the cutting board other than protecting the bottom glass of the tank. I love the aquascaping by the way.
Gives the impression of sand but no sand so you can really crank up the flow.

FireEMT

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got bored so I went ahead and put together the bean animal drains, I will clip the RO line once the tank is running and I have a chance to see the emergency drain water height.
image.jpg

Sorry that's sideways, uploaded from my phone.
image.jpg

Ok, Im going to ask another newby question. I've noticed some people use 1/4" tubing off the hole on the secondary siphone and some people just drill a hole on the top of the 90. Is there a reason for one over another. Just trying to get a full understanding of the bean animal drain.

tdyrkacz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Love the dimensions of this tank. I really like what you can do with aquascaping in a tank that long and deep and you took advantage of it to create a great aquascape. Already makes me wish i went bigger.

OP
OP
StikHedRon

StikHedRon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Love the dimensions of this tank. I really like what you can do with aquascaping in a tank that long and deep and you took advantage of it to create a great aquascape. Already makes me wish i went bigger.
Thanks. I do love the 30" front to back!

OP
OP
StikHedRon

StikHedRon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok, Im going to ask another newby question. I've noticed some people use 1/4" tubing off the hole on the secondary siphone and some people just drill a hole on the top of the 90. Is there a reason for one over another. Just trying to get a full understanding of the bean animal drain.
So my understanding is that with a 1/4" tubing you can have your secondary drain at any height and the ro tubing is to be just above the height of the emergency drain. This will allow the secondary drain to drain normally then if the water line gets to the emergency drain it will kick in as a full siphon. I think it would be more difficult in getting the proper height for the secondary and emergency drains with just a hole drilled in the top of the secondary drain. Hope this makes sense....

FireEMT

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So my understanding is that with a 1/4" tubing you can have your secondary drain at any height and the ro tubing is to be just above the height of the emergency drain. This will allow the secondary drain to drain normally then if the water line gets to the emergency drain it will kick in as a full siphon. I think it would be more difficult in getting the proper height for the secondary and emergency drains with just a hole drilled in the top of the secondary drain. Hope this makes sense....

Awesome, that makes sense. How did you attach the RO tubing to the PVC?

OP
OP
StikHedRon

StikHedRon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Awesome, that makes sense. How did you attach the RO tubing to the PVC?
I drilled a hole that was the exact size of the ro tubing and just shimmied it in there so it's a tight fit. I will prolly super glue it also before it's all said and done.

HowUDoin

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I finally finished up my Rock work this weekend. I'm about 95% done, I may add some rubble rock in certain places to smooth things out a bit but this is it! Let me know what you think!

Looks good, I really like that shelf rock. That should give you a ton of real estate for your SPS.

I hope I don't sound like a hypercritical D nozzle, but I would remove one of the two arms on the very far right of the tank. I think it would allow for better flow, and a little more negative space would fit with your desire for a minimalist look.

I've been reading a lot on the Zeovit forums. I've almost convinced myself into using it on my planned system. The daily dosing and use of the zeovit reactor are something I look at as a positive, right now. Since you will be using Zeovit, I will be following your thread with interest. It's already a great start, this should be impressive.

OP
OP
StikHedRon

StikHedRon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks good, I really like that shelf rock. That should give you a ton of real estate for your SPS.

I hope I don't sound like a hypercritical D nozzle, but I would remove one of the two arms on the very far right of the tank. I think it would allow for better flow, and a little more negative space would fit with your desire for a minimalist look.

I've been reading a lot on the Zeovit forums. I've almost convinced myself into using it on my planned system. The daily dosing and use of the zeovit reactor are something I look at as a positive, right now. Since you will be using Zeovit, I will be following your thread with interest. It's already a great start, this should be impressive.
Thanks for the suggestions.

OP
OP
StikHedRon

StikHedRon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I thought I was almost done but forgot I needed a stand for my doser so I figured I would design one up and send it over to my acrylic guy and get one knocked out. While he was at it I figured why not make a cover for my overflow box too. The doser stand will be out of Red Acrylic and the cover will be out of the smoked Bronze that I have left from my sump build. Here are the prints that I'm having him work off of. I will attach some pics of the finished product when I get them back.

Doser Stand:

upload_2015-9-1_7-55-38.png

Overflow Cover:

upload_2015-9-1_7-56-1.png

OP
OP
StikHedRon

StikHedRon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is my design for the sump. Don't mind the bulkhead that you see on the front pane in the top view. That is not supposed to be there and isn't on the finished product. It's gonna be so nice having the RODI storage compartment attached to my sump. I'm going to install a solenoid valve on my rodi unit, route a tube from the unit up to the sump and it will fill automatically when the water level gets low enough to trigger the float switch and turn on the solenoid valve via my apex. This compartment holds about 18gal so I should be able to go about 10-12 days before needing to refill! Then the dosing containers, why not right? Having them also as part of the sump sure beats having three different containers under the tank and really gives the system a very clean look while remaining very functional.

Custom Sump:

upload_2015-9-1_8-1-7.png

OP
OP
StikHedRon

StikHedRon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So the last few days I've been putting together the needed information for me to begin Zeovit once the tank is cycled. Figured I would share it here, what better place right!

upload_2015-9-2_13-14-39.png

BigJohnny

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So the last few days I've been putting together the needed information for me to begin Zeovit once the tank is cycled. Figured I would share it here, what better place right!

upload_2015-9-2_13-14-39.png
Have you ever seen the avast zeo reactor that can be programmed to automatically shake your stones? Or heard any reviews? Seems like a sweet automation feature if it works sufficiently. Main reason I don't run zeo is due to the high maintenance and that's certainly a part of it

OP
OP
StikHedRon

StikHedRon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have you ever seen the avast zeo reactor that can be programmed to automatically shake your stones? Or heard any reviews? Seems like a sweet automation feature if it works sufficiently. Main reason I don't run zeo is due to the high maintenance and that's certainly a part of it
Yeah, I did at first then a buddy of mine got one and he told me it is a pain to swap stones out. He also has the Vertex and he says it's so much easier to deal with than the Vibe and wishes he would of never wasted his money. That is good enough for me not to buy one. Then the other reason I decided against it was, I didn't want to run a manifold or another separate pump in the sump, plus use up another spot on my EB8 and have all the cords hanging around. I'm trying to keep this as clean as possible. And the vibe also can't sit in the sump, it needs to be outside of it somewhere.

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 13 33.3%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 6 15.4%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 13 33.3%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 6 15.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 2.6%
Back