StikHeds 122 gal rimless w/ custom sump

Thomthom329

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks great! Question: with the equipment mounted to the back of your stand like that, how will you get back there for any repairs/replacements, like a module going bad or something, that may be necessary down the road?

OP
OP
StikHedRon

StikHedRon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks great! Question: with the equipment mounted to the back of your stand like that, how will you get back there for any repairs/replacements, like a module going bad or something, that may be necessary down the road?
Well, I'm gonna hope that nothing goes bad. But in the case that something does or will go bad, I'll just pull the tank out so I can get back behind it. Not too big of a deal, the tanks not to big that it will be impossible to move.

OP
OP
StikHedRon

StikHedRon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Man, Yesterday and Today I've been messing around with Fusion and trying to get all my outlets programmed. Very time consuming and at times can be a bit tricky to figure out. But... I think I made some good ground on what I'm wanting to do and getting it down in code. I imagine some tweaking will need to be made once the tank is up and running and I can see how everything works together, but for now it is what it is! Next up will be the starboard on Tuesday, hopefully my skimmer and dosing pump will be here next week? We'll see about that. Pretty close to ordering rock and start aquascaping!

Fin

Professional Procrastinator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks good! Will be following along. Like the sump. Planning on building my own though. Some good inspiration here for my upcoming build. I have been looking at the 48" ATI Powermodule 3x75W LED & 8x54W T5. Will check out the Pacific Sun though.

OP
OP
StikHedRon

StikHedRon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks good! Will be following along. Like the sump. Planning on building my own though. Some good inspiration here for my upcoming build. I have been looking at the 48" ATI Powermodule 3x75W LED & 8x54W T5. Will check out the Pacific Sun though.
Thanks, I wish I could of built the sump myself but I don't have the tools or acrylic skills to do such a difficult request. I did design it though :cool:. I really like my Pacific Sun light and the software is very easy to work with!

Fin

Professional Procrastinator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Glass is my material of choice. I have the tools to cut and drill glass, so that is what I use. Plus, you don't have to worry as much about it getting all scratched up and it cleans up good as new. Are those Pacific Sun T5 fixtures dimmable?

OP
OP
StikHedRon

StikHedRon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Glass is my material of choice. I have the tools to cut and drill glass, so that is what I use. Plus, you don't have to worry as much about it getting all scratched up and it cleans up good as new. Are those Pacific Sun T5 fixtures dimmable?
The pacific Sun fixtures do not come with Dimable T5's, but I did read on RC that they will put in Dimable T5 ballasts for you if you want them. You would have to contact Yorgos at Pacificsunusa.com he would be the better one to ask that sort of question too.

OP
OP
StikHedRon

StikHedRon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So another delivery today, today it was the starboard for the bottom of the tank. Looks pretty good I think! I got this from the cuttingboardcompany.com, it's 1/2" I had them cut it 1/8" short on the long and short measurements and they were dead on. I prolly could of had them cut it to within a 1/16" of an inch and still be good. I just wanted that little bit of wiggle room to ensure it fit!

IMG_3150.JPG
IMG_3151.JPG
IMG_3152.JPG
IMG_3153.JPG

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 27 22.5%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 2 1.7%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 86 71.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 4.2%
Back