Still battling micro bubbles ...

notthatkindareefer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My bubble magus mini q has been up and running for three weeks and its still making a TON of microbubbles. I know its the skimmer because you can see them erupting from the output. Is there any way to fix this? It has been 3 weeks and I even went as far as changing my return pump thinking it was causing the microbubbles.
Thanks!

Tahiti

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the same skimmer and I am dealing with the same thing. I just unplugged it because I can't get it to stop. I have it at the correct water level and it does no good. I even changed tanks recently and still has bubbles. Frustrating :(

The_Paradox

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the same skimmer and I am dealing with the same thing. I just unplugged it because I can't get it to stop. I have it at the correct water level and it does no good. I even changed tanks recently and still has bubbles. Frustrating :(

Are you hanging it on the main tank or a sump?

K1utch

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I had that skimmer and ended up replacing the foam that came with it with a slightly oversized spong and put a little filter floss on top of the sponge and ended up with very little microbubbles after a couple weeks. Also the way they are designed the piece that snaps in front allows a small amount of bubbles to escape.

Tahiti

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I had that skimmer and ended up replacing the foam that came with it with a slightly oversized spong and put a little filter floss on top of the sponge and ended up with very little microbubbles after a couple weeks. Also the way they are designed the piece that snaps in front allows a small amount of bubbles to escape.
Okay thanks for the advice. I'll have to do that when I get home. See if that stops it.

OP
OP
N

notthatkindareefer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
where is the foam you speak of? i took the bottom off of the skimmer but can’t seem to see any foam.

OP
OP
N

notthatkindareefer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bought two of them and retired one hoping my other one would work. I honestly think it’s just a scam product. The reply above speaks of foam which the skimmer doesn’t possess. And all of the reviews I read don’t have a bit of negative in them. Not only that but BRS store won’t let me review or return the product. The price although enticing is a direct reflection of its performance absolute GARBAGE! Can’t kick my reef addiction though I’m gonna come back with something ten times better and bash Bubble Magus all over R2R to protect fellow entry level hobbyist.

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 72 35.5%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 7 3.4%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 52 25.6%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 64 31.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 3.9%
Back