Still loving my Evergrow LED's

  • Thread starter Thread starter trido
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
Your corals look really happy under the LEDs! It's a atypical of many (but certainly not all) LED lit reefs where SPS growth is thin, scraggly, with die-off in shadowed areas. Sorry but it's true for most LED tanks. I do admit there are more and more successful SPS tanks coming from LED lit reefs, though. Yours is a great example of that.

Can you post a picture of the fixture placement of the aquarium? I've often suspected part of the issue with LEDs is too much power/duration as well as too much concentration of light from a single point. I've seen more successful tanks with lots of LEDs spread out over the footprint of the aquarium than those that have smaller high-power fixtures.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH PART OF YOUR SETUP IS HARDEST TO REACH OR REMOVE FOR ROUTINE MAINTENANCE?

  • Glass behind or beside the tank

    Votes: 17 21.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 7 8.9%
  • Sump or rear filtration chambers

    Votes: 11 13.9%
  • Skimmer or other filtration equipment

    Votes: 10 12.7%
  • Overflow or plumbing

    Votes: 13 16.5%
  • Lights or lids

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mine is pretty easy to access!

    Votes: 20 25.3%
  • Other—tell us what I missed

    Votes: 1 1.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new