Sting reports?

  • Thread starter Thread starter elfda
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
This sounds like a fun idea! I got stung by a carpet once, it was only about 5-7in if I remember rightly. I've found I'm one of those who are more sensitive.
IMG_0134.JPG
There was some on my wrist too that you can't see in the pic.
 
I've played held waved my hands in all sorts of nems, they don't really bother me too much, then again haven't touched a carpet lol i was moving a condy nem and that thing was creepily stick the tentacles would stick all over my hands lol was crazy
 
well she scathed it open it took about 3 weeks if I remember right, she says she wants to dive again but I think maybe just take her snorkeling next time she kind of had a problem with her ears too lol. I told her family it was a shark bite
 
I've played held waved my hands in all sorts of nems, they don't really bother me too much, then again haven't touched a carpet lol i was moving a condy nem and that thing was creepily stick the tentacles would stick all over my hands lol was crazy

most people don't know that the stickiness is actually the stinging nematocysts trying to pierce your skin!
 
That's what I assumed it was, I haven't flung something off me so fast in my life lol! It slung off my hand and flew around the tank for 5 mins while I built my confidence back up! Hahahaha

Kinda like my eel running up my arm when I'm cleaning the tank, I don't think hes gunna bite me, but I'm not going to try and find out lol!!
 
Thankfully I haven't been stung yet, are some nems stings stronger than others? I know carpet nems are some mean dudes, but they are so gorgeous!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 3 15.0%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 4 20.0%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 1 5.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 3 15.0%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 9 45.0%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new