stingers on leptoceris

needlehandssoftfingers

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i have a teal hairy lepto frag that i want to use as a barrier for that part of the zoa garden, for the rock above. lfs said the stingers should keep them at bay. looking more into it im a little worried it might start to encroach on the zoas, push them back?
any experience ??

thatmanMIKEson

Reefing ain't easy$
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i have a teal hairy lepto frag that i want to use as a barrier for that part of the zoa garden, for the rock above. lfs said the stingers should keep them at bay. looking more into it im a little worried it might start to encroach on the zoas, push them back?
any experience ??
I've never seen a "hairy" lepto, they are referred to as a wrinkle coral but they have skin not usually anything that looks like hair are you sure it's a lepto? Do you have any pictures? It's an sps coral so it will kill the zoas eventually.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
any experience ??
Mine has feeders, not stingers. They are encrusting and can work their way to the zoas- Maintain a 2" distance

Going off the ledge: Would you be interested in a drop off aquarium?

• I currently have a drop off style aquarium

Votes: 2 1.2%
  • I don’t currently have a drop off style aquarium, but I have in the past.

Votes: 3 1.8%
  • I haven’t had a drop off style aquarium, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 26 15.3%
  • I am interested in a drop off style aquarium, but have no plans to add one in the future.

Votes: 83 48.8%
  • I am not interested in a drop off style aquarium.

Votes: 52 30.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.4%
Back