Stingray abortion??

  • Thread starter Thread starter jbeasley
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

jbeasley

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 18, 2025
Messages
40
Reaction score
14
Location
USA
What state or country do you live in
South Carolina
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just got a hallers round ray in today. Like 4 hours ago. Ray was lethargic and breathing heavy I assumed due to shipping stress but this came out of her..
 
 

Sorry that isn’t clear enough to really say what that is.

Rays will release fetuses when heavily stressed, but I can’t account for the yellow color.
 
I assume the yellow is egg yolk, it’s definitely an embryo even though I know the vid isn’t the best. Blood vessels attached to the yellow and a fetus like thing attached. Had to be really early it did not look like a ray. But I’m 99% positive it was a fetus
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 4.1%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 6.2%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 21 21.6%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 29 29.9%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 9.3%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 8 8.2%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 12 12.4%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 7 7.2%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new