Tie a bag of carbon above it lol! :rolling-on-the-floor-laughing:
9963C6B0-620A-44B7-8719-2B18A4448B0D.jpeg

Tuan’s Reef

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
That should help with the odor. I was thinking baking soda as well but that might not be a good idea as you don't it in your tank by accident lol

Judging by your collection cup you might be overly wet skimming. Move the skimmer height up a little if you can. Dry skim it until it breaks in may help .

The problem you'll find with these nano skimmers is that they either over skim or under skim and needs constant adjustments.

Had the same issue on my Nuvo 20 when I started the hobby. I use it more for gas exchange than anything else

OP
OP
AydenLincoln

AydenLincoln

Pufferfish lover!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
That should help with the odor. I was thinking baking soda as well.

Judging by your collection cup you might be overly wet skimming. Move the skimmer height up a little if you can. Dry skim it until it breaks in may help .

The problem you'll find with these nano skimmers is that they either over skim or under skim and needs constant adjustments.

Had the same issue on my Nuvo 20 when I started the hobby. I use it more for gas exchange than anything else
Okay thank you! I was wondering how far down it should be.

Eagle_Steve

Grandpa of Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Okay thank you! I was wondering how far down it should be.
Bubbles popping at just below where the cup meets the skimmer is a good starting point. Little higher on bubble pop is a more “wet” skim and a little lower is a more “dry” skim.

TangerineSpeedo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well on my Eshopps Nano Skimmer, and the one I feel you should of got.... Which is similar, adjust the height of the skimmer so it seems its not working. hard to describe but if you take the cup off while it is running, bubbles barely overflow. I find I get a nice dark green skim from that. You want the bubbles to get pushed up because they are more dense. Not go up just because they are bubbling.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 41 23.0%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 60 33.7%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 57 32.0%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 16 9.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.2%
Back