STL for 3D printed filter floss holder that will fit innovative marine SR120

Fishphi784

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wondering if anyone has designed a filter floss holder for a large innovative marine aquarium? I can only find small and midsize ones. I could design it but I suck at CAD, it is going to take me multiple iterations and I have a slow printer--so hoping one of you CAD bosses has done it already :beaming-face-with-smiling-eyes:.

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Bump

jkcoral

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wondering if anyone has designed a filter floss holder for a large innovative marine aquarium? I can only find small and midsize ones. I could design it but I suck at CAD, it is going to take me multiple iterations and I have a slow printer--so hoping one of you CAD bosses has done it already :beaming-face-with-smiling-eyes:.

Following along. I have an SR80 and have been interesting in finding designs/files for the larger IM tanks. If you happen to find what you’re looking for, would you mind sharing here?

OP
OP
Fishphi784

Fishphi784

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I designed one and using now, but iterating improvements. Will share a couple versions here.

OP
OP
Fishphi784

Fishphi784

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I feel like I am going to be working on this for a few days. In the interim, here is the super chintzy one I made to get something in and stop the noise, which does work. I tried uploading as STL but doesn't appear the file type was allowed, so .ZIPped it.

Attachments

• IMSR120FF.zip
    2.5 KB · Views: 17
OP
OP
Fishphi784

Fishphi784

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_7942.jpeg

Most recent version, but does not work well because the silicone in the corners of the false wall/glass prohibit the holder from sitting flush again weir. This one is tall to give the water a surface to adhere to as it runs down the walls of the grate, thus further quieting the fall of water from weir to sump water level.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 46 16.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 18 6.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 35 12.6%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 159 57.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 6.8%
Back