OP
OP
m0jjen

m0jjen

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Stopped GFO about 6 days ago and today i messure 0.2 ppm no3 (was stable at 2.5 ppm for quite a while) and 0.03 po4 (was reading 0 for quite a while). Lets hope this has balanced out and that the tissue loss will stop. Im betting my money on phosphate limitation and overuse of GFO as a leading cause for the STN

OP
OP
m0jjen

m0jjen

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Afew more colonies have started STN. Cant seem to find an issue that would be the cause. Today i dipped 3 corals aswell as inspected 4 corals for eggs. No pest has been encountered at all after 3 weeks of dipping.. I belive i can exclude that possibility now?

Todays messurements are

No3: 0.2-0.5 ppm (salifert, crosstested with another test)
Po4: 0 (hanna ULR)
KH: 8.0 (salifert, crosstested with another test)
Salinity 1.025 (calibrated and doublechecked)

Im really thinking im startving the corals with zero phosphate. Im gonna do more aminos and whatnot and up my feeding (my poor fish will explode soon. They're so fat!). Another thing might be stray voltage but im guessing its a far fetch since only acros are affected and no new equipment has been added since januari.

KH has risen to 8.0 from 7.7, most likely due to lack of growth.

bobssecrtsn

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Try dosing spectacide stump remover, it's kno3 and will raise your nitrate. Make sure you have a good test kit. Raise it to 5ppm nitrate and see how that does. Raising more amino acid may cause cyano and some other algae..

OP
OP
m0jjen

m0jjen

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Try dosing spectacide stump remover, it's kno3 and will raise your nitrate. Make sure you have a good test kit. Raise it to 5ppm nitrate and see how that does. Raising more amino acid may cause cyano and some other algae..

I have KNO3 already. Spectacide stump remover aint sold in sweden =)

Managing real reef risks: Do you pay attention to the dangers in your tank?

• I pay a lot of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 142 43.0%
  • I pay a bit of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 117 35.5%
  • I pay minimal attention to reef risks.

Votes: 50 15.2%
  • I pay no attention to reef risks.

Votes: 16 4.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 1.5%
Back