STN or potential pest?

CJBuckeyes

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking for some advice on my RR rainbow loom frag that is experiencing some stn over the last two weeks. The frag is with about 20 other acros in my 25g QT tank. The tank was started about six months ago with KP aquatics live rock, and all acros are encrusting despite the tank being at the tail end of the ugly phase.

This just looks strange to me since it's occurring at the base as well as further up the frag. Any ideas if it might be some type of pest / bug?

A928486E-E18C-4AB8-ACED-268374C48006_1_201_a.jpeg

susan ingram

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking for some advice on my RR rainbow loom frag that is experiencing some stn over the last two weeks. The frag is with about 20 other acros in my 25g QT tank. The tank was started about six months ago with KP aquatics live rock, and all acros are encrusting despite the tank being at the tail end of the ugly phase.

This just looks strange to me since it's occurring at the base as well as further up the frag. Any ideas if it might be some type of pest / bug?

A928486E-E18C-4AB8-ACED-268374C48006_1_201_a.jpeg
I have no clue but im gonna give you a bump

OP
OP
CJBuckeyes

CJBuckeyes

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Think I found the issue. I try to keep my hands out the tank as much as possible, but decided to pull the frag out and look a little closer for any pests. As soon as my hand touched the water I got a pretty strong shock. I tested with my meter, and sure enough 120v surging through the tank from my cheap UV sterilizer. I usually try to buy nice equipment, but since there aren't great options for a tank this small I bought a cheap one off amazon.

Very curious why my GFCI never tripped? Maybe not enough current leak? Not very reassuring...

Back