Stock is limited!! Order your ReefBot Lab now and benefit from a 25% discount!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Reef Kinetics

View Badges
Reaction score
Reef Kinetics is hosting a 25% sale on the ReefBot Lab device from today until the end of July. This sale includes 12 free 60ml vials with every purchase. Stock is limited, so reserve your device early!

The ReefBot Lab is an all-in-one automated water tester that is compatible with over 100 different test kits from the most popular brands. It can test over 15 different water parameters, making it a standalone device that can be your aquarium's best friend. We proudly offer a 1-year full warranty on all devices.

DSC_2699.jpg

With its 12 vial slots, the ReefBot Lab will allow you to easily test the major parameters all at once. And with the new 60ml vials, you can go months without the need to refill them!

DSC_2769.jpg

The new dosing syringe means that you no longer have to worry about daily calibrations. The dosing syringe will always collect the required sample volume, meaning that you can go for weeks without even having to get close to the device. All you have to do is connect the sample tube, RO tube, waste tube, and connect it to power and wifi. After that, just sit back and schedule its tests and watch it perform all tests automatically wherever you are!

To benefit from the discount and the 12 free 60ml vials, make sure to use the promo code "reef2reefrkl" at checkout. Don't miss out on this offer!

I hope you take advantage of this great offer!

CLICK HERE TO ORDER YOUR DEVICE NOW

alabella1

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Im waiting to see more reviews. V1 didn’t look so stellar reading back
Join the facebook groups, speak with hady osaily. He's been a huge help to me and guided me through any hang-ups I've had. It's been smooth sailing now that I'm all setup and man... not having to lift a finger beyond making sure it has RODI, emptying the waste and/or filling reagent bottles. It's priceless.

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Join the facebook groups, speak with hady osaily. He's been a huge help to me and guided me through any hang-ups I've had. It's been smooth sailing now that I'm all setup and man... not having to lift a finger beyond making sure it has RODI, emptying the waste and/or filling reagent bottles. It's priceless.

You need to get them all posting here as well so that members of our community and visitors see the value in Reef Kinetics that would not normally use or frequent Facebook. The more users the more money the company will have to expand on the product and product line! :) Invite them here! Maybe start a Reef Kinetics User thread or something.

SPS2020

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
You need to get them all posting here as well so that members of our community and visitors see the value in Reef Kinetics that would not normally use or frequent Facebook. The more users the more money the company will have to expand on the product and product line! :) Invite them here! Maybe start a Reef Kinetics User thread or something.

^^^THIS^^^

As a prime example, I do no social media.

cperry7467

View Badges
Reaction score
I just picked mine up about a month ago. I had an initial issue with it but I posted to the Facebook group and within a few minutes received a Facebook message from Haidy with their support team. It took about 20 minutes to identify the problem which was a couple screws that came loose during shipping. I tightened them and it's been working great since!

Currently I'm doing API Nitrate, Red Sea Phosphate, and Tropic Marin Nitrate.

The API Nitrate test isn't very reliable I hate to say, I think the 2nd reagent settles too much and is too thick for the mixer to be effective. Not really a problem with the reefbot, I just don't recommend API Nitrate for it.

I started using Tropic Marin Nitrate instead and it seems to work great. It's worth mentioning I just want to ensure my nitrate is above 0. I've seen some tests say my reading is 20ppm but my Hanna says 30ppm. That doesn't matter to me as long as it isn't 0. I'm just using it as a proactive way to tell me my nutrients are low.

The Red Sea Phosphate has been spot on. No complaints there. The results have been extremely close to what my Hanna says.

It does use a fair amount of RODI and generate a lot of waste water compared to the Trident. I think it must rinse excessively to make sure it stays clean. I don't really mind, just an observation.

I currently run a Trident and Reefbot, I love them both!

**One other note. It took about 5 weeks from order to shipment for me and about a week for delivery. It was clearly stated on their website that would be the timeline when I ordered so they met my expectations.

alabella1

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Noted. I mentioned this thread in the facebook group

alabella1

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
I just picked mine up about a month ago. I had an initial issue with it but I posted to the Facebook group and within a few minutes received a Facebook message from Haidy with their support team. It took about 20 minutes to identify the problem which was a couple screws that came loose during shipping. I tightened them and it's been working great since!

The API Nitrate test isn't very reliable I hate to say, I think the 2nd reagent settles too much and is too thick for the mixer to be effective. Not really a problem with the reefbot, I just don't recommend API Nitrate for it.

I started using Tropic Marin Nitrate instead and it seems to work great. It's worth mentioning I just want to ensure my nitrate is above 0. I've seen some tests say my reading is 20ppm but my Hanna says 30ppm. That doesn't matter to me as long as it isn't 0. I'm just using it as a proactive way to tell me my nutrients are low.

The Red Sea Phosphate has been spot on. No complaints there. The results have been extremely close to what my Hanna says.

It does use a fair amount of RODI and generate a lot of waste water compared to the Trident. I think it must rinse excessively to make sure it stays clean. I don't really mind, just an observation.

**One other note. It took about 5 weeks from order to shipment for me and about a week for delivery. It was clearly stated on their website that would be the timeline when I ordered so they met my expectations.
If it's in stock and ready to rock, it can be even quicker. Maybe I got lucky, but mine was here in a little over a week.

OP
OP
Reef Kinetics

Reef Kinetics

View Badges
Reaction score

Thank you for your feedback Chris! :)

BeanAnimal

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Facebook is an absolute disaster for community or organized conversations. Endless clicking to expand poorly organized "threaded" comments, etc. There are no DMs, you have to use the messenger app (not a chance), etc.

I would love to see the conversations moved to an actual free forum like R2R where they will get more traffic from the reefing community.

BeanAnimal

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Not likely to join the FB group - not a fan of FB

Can you share the preferred test kits for each parameter? Here or maybe in a new thread?

Inamo

View Badges
Reaction score
For anyone looking at the Reefbot Lab but doesn't venture into FB, I can say they are VERY active in the FB group. Hady is on their daily posting tips, answering questions and helping people as needed. I probably was a pest to him the last few days as I was asking all kinds of questions. I will say the group had some fanboy'ism though, and a couple tried to "white knight" the ReefKenetics team. Couldn't understand why, as I said I liked everything about the ReefBot and I was just trying to find the answers to some questions I had for longevity of the unit. So I let the post die, and just DM'd Hady. He was awesome and answered my questions. Very easy going and completely answered my questions. I'm nit-picking since I setup a reef-pi and can find only one "fault", and it's trivial/irrelevant to most people, but I don't like that it is dependent on the cloud to operate. Guess it's my "dooms day" mentality and always planning for the worst case scenario. While I LOVE that is ships with cloud service for free and I understand why they designed it that way and don't fault them. In fact I still plan on ordering one....just have to sweet talk the wife first lol. I just wish it had some stand alone capability or the ability to integrate it into your local ecosystem independently. They do have APIs you can request access to, so there is that, but they come from the cloud, not the machine. Like I said though, in the end after talking to Hady, I feel comfortable and will be purchasing one. Additionally, Premium Aquatics sells them here in the US, along with accessories and consumables. With the current reef2reef discount, it's a better deal to order directly from them though. I'm eager to see what they develop next.

BeanAnimal

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
I did not realize it was cloud dependent before I ordered, that honestly would have been a deal breaker for me. Too many companies:
- come and go
- skimp on bandwidth and resources (GHL)
- decide to start charging recurring fees for features or outright use
etc.

The hardware becomes useless on the whim of the vendor. It is a BS model that too many vendors choose for ease of deployment and/or control or RMR.

The app should, without question be able to control the unit locally without their cloud service or an internet connection.

But alas, I did t know or research, so I will try to make the best of it

Inamo

View Badges
Reaction score
That was my biggest concern, the "come and go" not that I think they are trying to get money and run, but businesses are hard to get going and keep afloat, especially in a niche market like reef keeping. I'm hoping they are successful and continue to bring new products that innovate the scene and force some of the bigger names to adapt. In the end, the product seems solid and it has the capability to go free from the cloud. Only the software is locking it in. They utilize a Raspberry Pi along with a controller board. The original Reefbot was a Pi 3 I believe, so even if it was a 3B+ or 4B it can EASILY run everything locally and still export to the cloud.

Lowell Lemon

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
I avoid cloud systems but what are you going to do? Quick books is going that way with monthly or yearly fees that kill small business. It will cost in excess of $1400.00 per year with payroll versus about $600.00 per year now. I hate the thought of depending on someone's servers for all your business data. Stupid model for data security period.

Inamo

View Badges
Reaction score
If enough people speak up and ask ReefKenetics to change it to where the Pi does more of the work and maintains a database, and the cloud only stores the same data and allows for remote control by interfacing with the Pi , then maybe they will. It seems they have been listening and adapting with each new product, and even with firmware updates. Especially, if people let them know that is what is holding them back. I'm not sure how AWS charges, but I would think it would lower the cost for them if it is for data only and not the processing of data. I could be wrong though and have no clue. I do understand they are probably trying to protect all the work they put into adding all the different regents to ensure accuracy. I do hope they go away from the cloud dependency eventually.

I think the new Lab could take over the market with enough advertising. From what I have seen and read they have the customer support and service that matches a successful business. Price is a little high for some people, but automated water testing is a luxury, necessity for some, but I don't think any of the other automated testers touch it. Mastertronic seems the closet, and I haven't researched it as much, but it doesn't seem to be able to used as many test kits, yet. Also I can't speak to their customer support and such or if the are cloud dependent. I have read people refusing to buy because of the cloud wall.

After what happened with Mindstream, consumers are gun shy to spend that much money on something that could stop being supported.

reveriesh

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Agreed. Im not on FB

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 34 35.8%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 12 12.6%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 31 32.6%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 16 16.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.1%
Back