Stock is limited!! Order your ReefBot Lab now and benefit from a 25% discount!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

reveriesh

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
If enough people speak up and ask ReefKenetics to change it to where the Pi does more of the work and maintains a database, and the cloud only stores the same data and allows for remote control by interfacing with the Pi , then maybe they will. It seems they have been listening and adapting with each new product, and even with firmware updates. Especially, if people let them know that is what is holding them back. I'm not sure how AWS charges, but I would think it would lower the cost for them if it is for data only and not the processing of data. I could be wrong though and have no clue. I do understand they are probably trying to protect all the work they put into adding all the different regents to ensure accuracy. I do hope they go away from the cloud dependency eventually.

I think the new Lab could take over the market with enough advertising. From what I have seen and read they have the customer support and service that matches a successful business. Price is a little high for some people, but automated water testing is a luxury, necessity for some, but I don't think any of the other automated testers touch it. Mastertronic seems the closet, and I haven't researched it as much, but it doesn't seem to be able to used as many test kits, yet. Also I can't speak to their customer support and such or if the are cloud dependent. I have read people refusing to buy because of the cloud wall.

After what happened with Mindstream, consumers are gun shy to spend that much money on something that could stop being supported.
I’m 100% ready to buy this when there is a version that doesn’t require a cloud to operate. As another poster said, too many small businesses in niche markets go under…being cloud based then renders the ReefBot useless in that scenario

Inamo

View Badges
Reaction score
I’m 100% ready to buy this when there is a version that doesn’t require a cloud to operate. As another poster said, too many small businesses in niche markets go under…being cloud based then renders the ReefBot useless in that scenario
Just need more to voice the same opinion, My dealings with RK from just asking questions for research on the Bot, to now a small hiccup of an issue that was fixed overnight (daytime for them) by the support team they seem very receptive to inputs and are eager to help. Also, I spoke with @HadyOss the other day and he stated they have been getting some good business from R2R and is going to try to get more active here as well. He is mainly the face in their FB group and we have @Reef Kinetics here that has been getting a lot more involved lately. I was going to wait as well, but I ended up getting a really good deal from one of the members here in the forum, and I couldn't pass it up. I have been diving into a little bit of the controller side and it should be hard to port it should decide to, or someone decides to RE it. They are using AWS and MQTTS. It is beyond my capabilities though. Although, Hady did say the calculations and such are handled on the Cloud side and not local, so that would have to get added too. The V1 and V2 used a RPI3, not sure if it is the same with the lab or if it is a 4 now, but even the RPI3 would be able to handle it and then just offload the results to the cloud for history, backup and remote viewing/control.

reveriesh

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Just need more to voice the same opinion, My dealings with RK from just asking questions for research on the Bot, to now a small hiccup of an issue that was fixed overnight (daytime for them) by the support team they seem very receptive to inputs and are eager to help. Also, I spoke with @HadyOss the other day and he stated they have been getting some good business from R2R and is going to try to get more active here as well. He is mainly the face in their FB group and we have @Reef Kinetics here that has been getting a lot more involved lately. I was going to wait as well, but I ended up getting a really good deal from one of the members here in the forum, and I couldn't pass it up. I have been diving into a little bit of the controller side and it should be hard to port it should decide to, or someone decides to RE it. They are using AWS and MQTTS. It is beyond my capabilities though. Although, Hady did say the calculations and such are handled on the Cloud side and not local, so that would have to get added too. The V1 and V2 used a RPI3, not sure if it is the same with the lab or if it is a 4 now, but even the RPI3 would be able to handle it and then just offload the results to the cloud for history, backup and remote viewing/control.
If you port it you should start a thread here so we can follow. I would be incredibly interested

Inamo

View Badges
Reaction score
If you port it you should start a thread here so we can follow. I would be incredibly interested
Pretty sure that is out of my capabilities :grinning-face-with-smiling-eyes: Hopefully RK will do this, or have it as an option the app to activate local processing. Would take some work though I would believe. Not sure how well the code from the cloud would translate to Raspian.

OP
OP
Reef Kinetics

Reef Kinetics

View Badges
Reaction score
Pretty sure that is out of my capabilities :grinning-face-with-smiling-eyes: Hopefully RK will do this, or have it as an option the app to activate local processing. Would take some work though I would believe. Not sure how well the code from the cloud would translate to Raspian.
Hello there,

Our software team is presently focusing on developing new features for both the device itself and upcoming products as we are a bit loaded at the time. While their workload is considerable, we are hopeful that they will soon be able to allocate some time for integrations and providing support to users interested in integrating the device with other systems.

Wishing you a wonderful day ahead!

parclife

View Badges
Reaction score
is this launching in the UK any time soon? Looks great but can’t find it anywhere here..

OP
OP
Reef Kinetics

Reef Kinetics

View Badges
Reaction score
is this launching in the UK any time soon? Looks great but can’t find it anywhere here..
Currently, we are in the process of identifying a local UK distributor. In the interim, we are pleased to inform you that we continue to ship directly to the UK on a weekly basis.

HadyOsaily

View Badges
Reaction score
I like it here; I barely understand what to do but seems very nice atmosphere, will probably distract me from work from now on.. but again, it is work! lol

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 45 40.9%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 12 10.9%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 32 29.1%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 19 17.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.8%

Back