Stock Nano pump died. I need a replacement

slipondajimmy

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 28, 2008
Messages
294
Reaction score
2
Location
Orlando Florida
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone. My pump just died on my nano 24g. It was pushing water around just fine, and then all of the sudden it died. And of course dumb me sticks my hand down there to grab it and it gave me a nice little jolt.

It just stopped pumping water.

What is a good, relatively cheap replacement, and 2 will a Maxi-jet 400 a have serve as at least a temp replacement?

I am concerned that on a sunday night I will not be able to find anything. Better yet is there anyone in Orlando that might have something used I can buy?
 
hook up the mj 400...but i'd recommend getting a mj 900 or 1200. depends how much flow you need/want in your tank. but deff hook up the 400!
 
the 400 will be fine...u just need flow. it might be perfect...depending what kind of corals you have. worst case...tomorrow go get either a 600, 900, or 1200 depending how much flow you want/need
 
i swaped out the 200 GPH pump in my nano 8 gallon, and put in a maxijet 1200....

the difference was insane (obviously).

the only thing i had to do was trim back the intake pipe down to the grate, which was only like a half inch long to begin with.
 
Yeah,

I am going to have to pick one up tomorrow. There is just no flow at all with the 400. It figures that last night I got a bunch of new coral for the tank.
 
On my 12 gallon, I also replaced the stock pump with a Maxijet 1200, much better flow.

Kim
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 6 28.6%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 10 47.6%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 2 9.5%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 7 33.3%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 3 14.3%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 10 47.6%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 7 33.3%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 3 14.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new