Stock Questions 20g Nano

JonnyTorch

Sober
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey all!

So I've got a 20g nano JBJ cube (rimless ;) AIO setup with 20lbs of live rock and 20lbs of live sand. I also used TurboStart and used LFS water. Everything is perfect, day 3 or so in.
After putting everything together I have three hitchikers that are good and have a fish to keep the bacteria going while waiting for the desired fish.
If the stock I would have liked in the first place can exist WITH this first fish (not undesirable, just I was unexpecting it, a Scooter Blenny, that eats copepods; I wanted a Goby) I would like a refugium in my tank and I have algaebarns 3 types of copepods for it and the refuge light.

I have a 1 Scooter Blenny (eating frozen brine twice daily) - I originally didn't expect to get him but they did not have any Prawn gobies. I got him to keep the cycle going.
Two mexican dwarf turbo snails (Good Hitchikers)
1 Bumblebee Snail (Good Hitchiker)

What I wanted originally:

2 Mocha Storm Clowns - prize fish
1 Hi Fin Red Banded Goby - small
1 Pistol Shrimp for the Goby - small - stirs up sand
1 Boxing Crab (Pom Pom) - Clean Up - water column w/ anemones in hand
2 Turbo Snails - Algae Cleanup - all over
2 Nesarrius Snails - Detritus and uneaten food waste - on glass and all over
2 Cerith Snails - Stirs up sand, and eats uneaten food waste and algae

My questions lies in this,

I didn't want to get a Scooter Blenny, but he's cool though. But If I want my stock like I said above, with an anemone, can I keep the Scooter Blenny, or should I rehome him to my LFS and get what I'd like? If I can fit him in the equation I would like to if it doesn't push the bioload.

What do you think?

Should I get the two clowns or one goby I wanted and then return the Scooter, or should I try to get them all?

Thanks!

I'd really not like to get into the discussion of "cycling" methods, etc, rather keep the posts about stocking ideas. Thanks!

lapin

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
20 gallon might be a bit small for 2 clowns

OP
OP
JonnyTorch

JonnyTorch

Sober
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did you understand my Question? I was not asking about clownfish. I was asking if I should keep my Blenny or not if I did decide to keep two clowns.

Based on your answer I would think your line of thinking would either be to get rid of the Blenny or keep it? I can't tell, because that is the question I asked.

2 ocellaris clowns will do just fine. I'm worried about anything additional. Thank you for reading.

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 21 31.3%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 54 80.6%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 11 16.4%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 7 10.4%
  • Other

Votes: 4 6.0%
Back