Stocking 180 Gallon Lagoon (not final) reccomendations

toi_ss

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Im stocking a 180x90x37cm tank and need some input for fish to add. This is my list so far, I have a qt and around 1.2 inch - 3 inch sandbed. Also I know there are a few difficult fish to keep, they will all be the last fish in the tank. Im definitely set on a regal angel but could have either a tamarin or leopard wrasse. Looking for recommendations on fish that aren't massive but also wont get lost in this tank

1x Pacific/Indian Regal Angelfish - 6th
1x Sleeper Banded Goby - 4th
1-2x Lamarck’s Angelfish - 3rd
1-2x Bangaii Cardinal - 1st
1x Adorned/canary Wrasse - 2nd
1x Meleagris Leopard Wrasse - 8th
1x Yellowtail Tamarin Wrasse - 7th
1x Copperband Butterfly - 5th

Edit: will try to make it mostly a bali biotope aquarium, will include tridacna clams and longspine urchins. Also corals found in that area such as euphyllia

Last edited:

fishywishy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
List looks good. The only thing is you might have some aggression between the angels but in a tank that size it will probably be okay, also when you get the copper band make sure it’s eating, a good place to get them from is dr reef.

You could really get any fish you want in a tank that size but some good ones are:

Most tangs(yellow, purple, blue/hippo, sailfin are some good ones).
Maroon Clownfish.
a few Lyretail Anthias.
Foxface.
Hawkfish.

Like I said there’s a lot more fish you can get but these are some just off the top of my head.

OP
OP
toi_ss

toi_ss

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
List looks good. when you get the copper band make sure it’s eating, a good place to get them from is dr reef.

You could really get any fish you want in a tank that size but some good ones are:

Most tangs(yellow, purple, blue/hippo, sailfin are some good ones).
Maroon Clownfish.
a few Lyretail Anthias.
Foxface.
Hawkfish.

Like I said there’s a lot more fish you can get but these are some just off the top of my head.
I'm in new zealand so I have to get all the fish imported from overseas breeders but there is a fish store that will qt for me and get the fish eating. Im thinking about some dispar anthias or some other peaceful ones. Also maybe a convict tang

Building with glass and silicone: Have you ever built a tank or had a custom tank built?

• I have built an aquarium.

Votes: 27 15.1%
  • I have had a custom tank built.

Votes: 40 22.3%
  • I have never built a tank or had a custom tank built.

Votes: 104 58.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.5%
Back