Stocking a 32 Biocube

doubleO

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, I am new to the forum but have used it for research multiple times. I tried to post a thread earlier but it has seemed to disappear so if there is a duplicate please delete one.

I’ve been in the hobby for a year and a half and currently have a Fluval Evo 13.5 with 2 clownfish.

I am cycling a 32 bio cube at the moment and plan to transfer the clowns there when it’s done.

I also want to get a Helfrichi Firefish when one becomes available in my location.

I was wondering with those 3 fish if I could add a Royal Gramma and a Yellow Clown Goby as well or would it be over stocked.

I do water changes 1-2 times a week with my current tank and plan to keep that schedule with my new tank.

Thanks and I look forward to hearing back!

Brandon3152134

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Those are all very small nano fish so I think the answer is yes. The tank being as small as it is I would go very slow and let it mature. I have a snowflake eel and a domino damsel in my 32 biocube and its 10 months old right now. I'm growing sps pretty fast and the reef looks really good to me so. I do a 5 gallon water change weekly and sometimes I have to skip a week or my corals act a little funky. I do however have a very large skimmer a mangrove tree and alot of cheato growing in the back. The tank is completely out of room for new corals so that helps a little with nutrients too.

BAMatter

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think you’ll be fine especially with that many water changes. I have a 32 as well, currently have 2 clowns, sailfin blenn, yellow watchman goby, white spotted pygmy filefish, and an orchid dottyback. I plan on adding a cherub angel in the weeks to come. Tank is also packed with coral.

Zoa_Fanatic

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think you’ll be fine especially with that many water changes. I have a 32 as well, currently have 2 clowns, sailfin blenn, yellow watchman goby, white spotted pygmy filefish, and an orchid dottyback. I plan on adding a cherub angel in the weeks to come. Tank is also packed with coral.
Is your orchid dottyback chill or a terror?

hllb

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That’s a good stocking list. I’d suggest putting the firefish and clown goby in before the gramma. My gramma was on the aggressive side.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 53 40.2%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 27 20.5%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 48 36.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.0%
Back