Stocking a Red Sea Reefer 350

SoCoFlyFisher

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Everyone,

My Reefer 350 has been up and running, after cycling, for the last two months and I have been slowly adding animals. I am focusing on keeping the tank as a FOWLR and right now I have the following in the tank:

Four (4) Green Chromis
One (1) Coral Beauty
Two (2) Cleaner Shrimps
Two (2) Mithrax Crabs
A mix of astrea and and turbo snails.
Five (5) blue legged hermit crabs and three (3) blue legged hermits
One (1) tiger cowrie
Two (2) brittle stars

Everybody is eating very well and all tank parameters are good. I also have several colonies of small fanworms on the rocks and sprouting out of the sand bed.

My question is what would be a good fish to add to this group? My wife really likes the long nose butterflyfish but is the tank size suitable and will this butterflyfish get along with the other fish?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Kevin

eatbreakfast

Fish Nerd
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Everyone,

My Reefer 350 has been up and running, after cycling, for the last two months and I have been slowly adding animals. I am focusing on keeping the tank as a FOWLR and right now I have the following in the tank:

Four (4) Green Chromis
One (1) Coral Beauty
Two (2) Cleaner Shrimps
Two (2) Mithrax Crabs
A mix of astrea and and turbo snails.
Five (5) blue legged hermit crabs and three (3) blue legged hermits
One (1) tiger cowrie
Two (2) brittle stars

Everybody is eating very well and all tank parameters are good. I also have several colonies of small fanworms on the rocks and sprouting out of the sand bed.

My question is what would be a good fish to add to this group? My wife really likes the long nose butterflyfish but is the tank size suitable and will this butterflyfish get along with the other fish?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Kevin
A longnose butterfly is compatible with your fish, but will decimate your fanworms.

Fish that would work would include most fairy and flasher wrasses, midas blenny, yellow assessor, royal gramma, purple tilefish.

OP
OP
SoCoFlyFisher

SoCoFlyFisher

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks eatbreakfast for the reccomendations!

I am not to worried about the Longnose eating the fan worms; they are getting pretty thick in certain areas. But the fairy and flasher wrasses look really good.

Kevin

Managing real reef risks: Do you pay attention to the dangers in your tank?

• I pay a lot of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 125 42.7%
  • I pay a bit of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 101 34.5%
  • I pay minimal attention to reef risks.

Votes: 47 16.0%
  • I pay no attention to reef risks.

Votes: 15 5.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 1.7%
Back