Stocking Advice

Mayor583

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 12, 2024
Messages
18
Reaction score
25
Location
Wisconsin
What state or country do you live in
Wisconsin
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all,
Slowly building a 90 Gallon reef tank. Currently have 2 Ocellaris. Am looking to very slowly (over the next few years) build this tank up. In terms of stocking I have a few ideas in my mind but am looking for any advice, especially on fish I may have slept on or if any of my proposed fish may clash. I've been seeding pods and will continue to do so. Coral will also slowly be added. Ultimately I'd like to have (in addition to the clowns):

Tang (I will not be going with a bigger tank so I am leaning towards a tomini but am open to other options)
Diamond Goby
Blenny of some sort
Fox Face Rabbitfish (Is a 90 too small?)
Mandarin

Appreciate any advice! My two boys complain that we don't have any fish that swim around (clowns like to stay in the corner) so I'd like to get a more active fish for the next addition.
 
Hello all,
Slowly building a 90 Gallon reef tank. Currently have 2 Ocellaris. Am looking to very slowly (over the next few years) build this tank up. In terms of stocking I have a few ideas in my mind but am looking for any advice, especially on fish I may have slept on or if any of my proposed fish may clash. I've been seeding pods and will continue to do so. Coral will also slowly be added. Ultimately I'd like to have (in addition to the clowns):

Tang (I will not be going with a bigger tank so I am leaning towards a tomini but am open to other options)
Diamond Goby
Blenny of some sort
Fox Face Rabbitfish (Is a 90 too small?)
Mandarin

Appreciate any advice! My two boys complain that we don't have any fish that swim around (clowns like to stay in the corner) so I'd like to get a more active fish for the next addition.
All of those are good, just make sure you have enough pods before the mandarin is added. You could do a yellow tang too, they stay pretty small. Dwarf angels are good, anthias too
 
Tailspot blenny is a favorite of mine, along with Rainford goby. They will travel around together a lot. Zebra dartfish for plenty of swimming, and look way more colorful at home.
 
Tailspot blenny is a favorite of mine, along with Rainford goby. They will travel around together a lot. Zebra dartfish for plenty of swimming, and look way more colorful at home.
Thank you so much for the reply! Will definitely look into all three.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 11 45.8%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 6 25.0%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 4 16.7%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 4.2%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 1 4.2%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 4.2%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new