stocking and QT plans

cmoore806

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just started cycling my new 40 breeder setup. I placed a couple orders this week and will be getting shipments in for fish. Live aquaria is sending fish from three different sites. In my experience the wisconsin facility runs SG at 1.020 so it will take some time to acclimate them. I have the following four tanks up and running and need to decide where to put each fish. Ideally I'd prophylactically treat the fish that can tolerate copper. Heres what I have so far:

INCOMING fish :
LiveAquaria order (coming this week)

A. ORA captive bred Snowflake clown #2
B. Wheelers shrimp goby
C. Six line wrasse
D. Sailfin/algae blenny (Indonesia, medium)
E. Bristletooth tomini tang (indonesia, small)

Biota (coming in a couple weeks)
F. Yellow tang

1. 13.5 Nano tank (about 1.5 years old)
--Helfrichi firefish
--ORA Snowflake Clown
--Yellow watchman goby

2. 20gallon QT setup, cycled
--what goes here?

3. 10 gallon QT setup, cycled
--what goes here?

4. 40 gallon new DT just started cycling
--what goes here?

My gut tells me to acclimate the new arrivals to get them to the same SG since I plan for some to arrive at 1.020. Once that's done I'd probably put the tangs in the 20 gallon maybe with the wrasse and the others in the 10 gallon. Once my 40 breeder is cycled everyone could go in, theoretically. Im one who quarantines and would be perfectly fine QT for 2 months and treating with Copper, etc to prevent any issues.

What would you do?

blaxsun

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
3. 10 gallon QT setup, cycled
--what goes here?
Definitely put the yellow tang in there. ;)
In all seriousness, I'd probably put the two tangs in the 20-gallon and the other five (including the shrimp) in the 10-gallon. Then when your 40-gallon is ready you can put the 2 tangs in there and prepare for the arrival of the...

tang-police.jpg

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 30 17.0%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 30 17.0%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 32 18.2%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 76 43.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.5%
Back