Stocking Feedback!

  • Thread starter Thread starter agoralyx
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

agoralyx

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 18, 2023
Messages
34
Reaction score
31
Location
Dayton
What state or country do you live in
Ohio
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello again! My tank is coming up on a year old. I ended up with a few changes to my stocking plans and would love some feedback. I have a 48*18*24 90 gal display tank with a 36 gal sump with refugium.

Assorted bad tasting and weed corals, assorted inverts. Growing chaeto and caulerpa. Running an oversized protein skimmer. Feeding frozen 2*day and nori or caulerpa 1*day.

Fish stock is as follows:
-2 yellowtail damsels (the female lives in the sump, male in the display. When the female started spawning everyone started beating her up).
-2 ocellaris clowns
-1 pintail wrasse
-1 royal gramma
-1 valentini puffer
-1 longnose hawkfish
-1 one spot foxface

I have a skeletor eel currently being quarantined.

I'd like to get another open water swimmer, but also don't want to crowd everyone. Would folks recommend stopping with what I have, or think I could get away with anthias or a small angel? Thanks for your time!

20250111_145225.jpg
 
I would recommend a dwarf angel, since everything else is already established and may give the anthias a hard time. I would usually recommend a lemon peel, but you already have yellow covered so I would go with a coral beauty or flame!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 6 4.2%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 11 7.7%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 26 18.2%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 50 35.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.0%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.0%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 20 14.0%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 6.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new