Stocking for 170 gallon aquarium

Andrew Stevens

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone,

I have a one and a half year old Waterbox Peninsula 5526, 170 gallons in total. 130 gallon display (55”x26”x24”) with 40 gallon sump.

I currently have the following fish:

Male Bluethroat Trigger
Melanurus Wrasse
Pair of Ocellaris Clowfish
Pair of Mandarinfish
Yellow Watchman Goby
Royal Gramma
Midas Blenny

I will be adding a captive bred yellow tang and a captive bred purple tang. My question is this, do I have stocking room for a female blue throat triggerfish as well? My male blue throat paces and I wonder if a female could him him relax.

Any input is appreciated.

Thanks,

Andrew

littlefoxx

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone,

I have a one and a half year old Waterbox Peninsula 5526, 170 gallons in total. 130 gallon display (55”x26”x24”) with 40 gallon sump.

I currently have the following fish:

Male Bluethroat Trigger
Melanurus Wrasse
Pair of Ocellaris Clowfish
Pair of Mandarinfish
Yellow Watchman Goby
Royal Gramma
Midas Blenny

I will be adding a captive bred yellow tang and a captive bred purple tang. My question is this, do I have stocking room for a female blue throat triggerfish as well? My male blue throat paces and I wonder if a female could him him relax.

Any input is appreciated.

Thanks,

Andrew
I say youre good! My blue throat pair are very close and never far from each other. He will bring her food too. Super cute to watch!

littlefoxx

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome :) I would say add the purple and yellow tangs together and after the female trigger. You might want to put her in an acclimation box to watch his behavior. I got mine together and released at the same time, not sure if he will get upset if you just release her. Then the tangs since they are buttholes lol. I have an adult purple and a biota yellow baby. He has grown fast though! They get along for the most part. Sometimes have a few spats over one of the algae clips when theres another clip lol

niccumec

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice stocking of fish. That is pretty much the same list I have for my upcoming tank of similar size (54x30x24) with 75 gal sump. Is this a fish only tank at this point, or do you also have coral? If mixed reef, how do the Bluethroat Triggers work out around your coral?

OP
OP
A

Andrew Stevens

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is mixed reef. I’ve had him for 6 months with a few different coral types, from hard to soft and he’s shown no interest in them. He’s also been perfectly safe with CUC.

littlefoxx

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice stocking of fish. That is pretty much the same list I have for my upcoming tank of similar size (54x30x24) with 75 gal sump. Is this a fish only tank at this point, or do you also have coral? If mixed reef, how do the Bluethroat Triggers work out around your coral?
My male and female pair dont bother corals at all

niccumec

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great to hear. I love those and was wondering how “borderline reef safe” they were.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 41 16.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 15 6.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 12.0%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 144 57.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 7.6%
Back