Stocking for 79 and 20 gallon beginner tank

Patrick M Bodega Aquatics

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello! After a lot of research, I've decided to go with a Waterbox Marine x 110.4 as my first tank. I am always looking into the future so when I get more experience, I'm interested in the Waterbox Cube 20. My question is, what are some corals / anemones and fish stocking for a beginner? I've been keeping fish for 10 years so it isn't new to me but saltwater is. Thanks for teaching the newbie!

itsken37

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
clownfish of your choice with bubble tip nem with a yellowtail damsel and firefish. as for coral beginner stuff i would consider zoas (relatively cheap and hardy) leathers and mushrooms (relatively cheap and hardy). Stay away from sps and lps until you got the care of coral down

OP
OP

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can different kinds of ocellaris clownfish live together? I really like the classic nemo, the black, and the cow blotchy looking ones.

Specific Ocean

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Corals: Green Star Polyp (GSP), Pulsing Xenia (grows like weeds), Toadstool (clownfish can host this), Zoas

Anemones: Usually your bubble tips but with a caveat. They like established tanks (6+ months and low nitrates). Make sure you have enough lighting as well. Not saying you won’t be successful without an established tank but it makes the process easier.

itsken37

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Corals: Green Star Polyp (GSP), Pulsing Xenia (grows like weeds), Toadstool (clownfish can host this), Zoas

Anemones: Usually your bubble tips but with a caveat. They like established tanks (6+ months and low nitrates). Make sure you have enough lighting as well. Not saying you won’t be successful without an established tank but it makes the process easier.
bingo

gunflintcamper

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We just started with the exact same two tanks...bigger one is about two months old and I just got the 20 cube cuz we’ve had so much fun so far And I already need more weirdo clowns. Haha! Enjoy!

gunflintcamper

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can different kinds of ocellaris clownfish live together? I really like the classic nemo, the black, and the cow blotchy looking ones.
We are attempting a small clown harem in our bigger tank....the LFS has been incredibly helpful...and we got 4 so if they decide to flip out we can split to two pairs. So far so good. I hope it stays that way cuz I really want a set of black storms in my little tank.

Attachments

• 7DB0569F-0103-44DE-B6C7-7AFF27F79152.jpeg
    7DB0569F-0103-44DE-B6C7-7AFF27F79152.jpeg
    117.9 KB · Views: 20

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 53 40.8%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 26 20.0%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 47 36.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.1%
Back