Bare bottom stocking options

Manaman41

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello, and thanks in advance for any help offered.

I'm trying to get an idea of what fish/CUC can go in my reef tank. I'm currently setting up a new 25g peninsula waterbox. It will be a bare bottom mixed reef, in time. I haven't cycled yet so this is for after cycle of course.

I havent been able to find many discussions on bare bottom stocking so looking for some help.

OP
OP
M

Manaman41

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It won't change anything besides a small number of fish that sleep in the sand/substrate or a small number of inverts who need a sand bed. What were you thinking of adding?
I'm not sure. I'd like a couple designer clowns, maybe a goby of some sort, firefish? I really like the pom pom crabs, sexy shrimp, an urchin, emerald crab. I plan to have hammers, torches, rock flowers and some scolys or chalice.

exnisstech

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It won't change anything besides a small number of fish that sleep in the sand/substrate or a small number of inverts who need a sand bed. What were you thinking of adding?
^This ^

I'm not sure. I'd like a couple designer clowns, maybe a goby of some sort, firefish? I really like the pom pom crabs, sexy shrimp, an urchin, emerald crab. I plan to have hammers, torches, rock flowers and some scolys or chalice.
As long as the goby isn't a sand sifter everything you list should be fine. All of my tanks are BB

Gumbies R Us

Another Fish in the Sea
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 6.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 23 15.4%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 84 56.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 11 7.4%
Back