Stocking for 90 gallon

Devan Patel

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone, I had a big crash awhile back and the tank is finally ready to go. I have no skimmer though for nutrient export only filter I have is a fluval 307 cannister filter. Originally I had one massive purple tang, and 2 clownfish. But I don’t know what I should put now. And I do have more than enough flow for my tank and it is bare bottom. So what should I put?

Doctorgori

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’d hit up KP and get all the fish at once assuming the cycle can handle the bio-load…
sorta in place quarantine if you will..
In my 100g I have
3 pygmy angels
4 Blue dartfish
3 Red Cardinalfish (2-3 different species)
1 blenny
1 3 masked gobies
2 shark nose gobies
2 neon gobies
1 black cap

I just lost a Rock Beauty and 3 royal grammas …so again suggest quarantine of some manner if you can

Edit: I would Definitely upgrade your flow and bio load capacity

littlefoxx

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
With a 90 you could do a type of bristletooth tang for algae control, a dwarf angel for color and movement, clowns of course since they are classic, and maybe some anthias or chromis for color and movement, wrasse fir color and some miscellaneous little fish!

My 70 has chromis, a dwarf lionfish, marine betta, golden dwarf angel, maroon clowns, 2 firefish, a mandarin dragonet, an engineer goby, midas blenny, melanarus wrasse and a klieni butterfly (who isnt doing a good job of eating my aptasia!). A little on the heavy side for bioload but Im on top of water changes and in the process of saving to upgrade to a sump. Not sure if you have a sump.

littlefoxx

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very sorry about your purple, I lost my guy in a tank crash over this weekend due to a power failure. Purples are the best tang ever in my opinion

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 44 21.3%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 72 34.8%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 68 32.9%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 19 9.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 1.9%
Back