Stocking ideas for 28 gallon

kevgib67

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have 6 rock flowers, I had 7 but one haplessly wondered into my frogspawn and by the time it got out it was too damaged. I tell myself I’m done and then my lfs gets a new batch and I see a color I just have to have. The are easy to care for and have a great eating response. Although it is not necessary, I spot feed them mysis twice a week. I didn’t acclimate the torches to the light. I knew the par before placing them there.

OP
OP
S

SM37

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh okay, it would be neat to rent a par meter to just check everything out. I had found a signature series AI profile and this lady had the same tank and light so I just downloaded hers and have been experimenting. My hammer was placed up top and doing well actually but my Clarkii kept brushing against it and making it upset, so I put down lower to my sand bed and that thing expanded quite a bit, all puffy and waving with the flow, the flow is also a bit more random in that spot. Maybe that helped?

OP
OP
S

SM37

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, a little update on my clowns for those of you wondering; my clarkii female has turned into a total jerk but she and the maroon get along well! They still bicker and what not but nothing out of the ordinary. I got a filefish and the clowns have become best friends with it. Especially the clarkii she follows him around like a little puppy dog when he is hunting for pods then she eats the scraps. I also had a pink bar goby for about 2 days before she found a small 1/4 inch gap and jumped last night while I was sleeping. Sad Christmas Eve morning. That and my clarkii would not leave it alone she would scope out the scape find her hiding and proceed to nip her. I had got an extra tank was going to relocate the goby for awhile but I guess not. So the clarkii and maroon are still getting along well.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 44 16.2%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 17 6.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 33 12.2%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 157 57.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 7.0%
Back