Stocking ideas for a 20 gallon with weird dimensions?

Northwest_Scapes_

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi! So just like the title hints at, I'm getting a new UNS 60U to replace my 5 gallon the cracked and broke. And seeing as the dimensions are quite strange:
23.6L x 14.6W x 14.6T , so I feel like I need to change up some stocking options that would fit a standard 20 High or 20 long, so, any suggestions? Some extra info is it's going to carry over the Macro Algae/NPS Gorgonian and Seafan dominance vibe, and there's no filter, just a Hygger Wavemaker. 20LBS of Liverock and 25LBS of Livesand will make up biological filtration (also macros help filter the water). An Oase 50Watt heater at 76-78F.
Stocking I'm 100% set on are:
1x Pearly Jawfish (most likely the first addition, hence why there's so much sand)
1x Captive bred Bluestripe Pipefish (most likely the 2nd addition once the macros grow in)

I'm looking at possible 1-2 more fish, something with a little more color or activeness, nothing aggressive or herbivorous. I hope this helps! I'm open to any ideas :)
(Also I'm on the hunt for a group of "Navigobius Kaguya" so that's in the air as the final stocking whether Adam from Ocean Devotion can find them, fingers crossed!)

Bepis

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What about harlequin shrimp. This is what I would do:

1 Firefish
2 Harlequin Shrimp
And a ton of nitrates for the algae to feed off of

OP
OP
Northwest_Scapes_

Northwest_Scapes_

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What about harlequin shrimp. This is what I would do:

1 Firefish
2 Harlequin Shrimp
And a ton of nitrates for the algae to feed off of
I'd love to do harlequin shrimp but the problem is I don't have any starfish so that's a pass. Still very beautiful though

Bepis

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'd love to do harlequin shrimp but the problem is I don't have any starfish so that's a pass. Still very beautiful though
How far is you lfs. You don’t need to feed them daily just one star a week. You can even do cheap ones like a knobby

OP
OP
Northwest_Scapes_

Northwest_Scapes_

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How far is you lfs. You don’t need to feed them daily just one star a week. You can even do cheap ones like a knobby
Wait really? I always thought they needed to be fed almost daily. Closest one is about 15min but I haven't seen any Asterina stars in their tanks I could get. They did have a Blue Linkia last week but I won't feed it that lol. Thanks for the info! I'll definitely have to look more into it now

Clear reef vision: How do you clean the inside of the glass on your aquarium?

• Razor blade

Votes: 124 59.0%
  • Plastic scraper

Votes: 62 29.5%
  • Clean-up crew

Votes: 75 35.7%
  • Magic eraser

Votes: 36 17.1%
  • Other

Votes: 62 29.5%
Back