Stocking List for 50 gallon FOWLR ok?

jkirk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone. Like the title says, I'm asking for opinions on potential stocking list for a 50 gallon fowlr that just finished cycling. But first some info about the tank so y'all know what Im working with

Tank specs:
48"Lx12"Wx16"H
Has somewhere between 40 and 50 lbs of live rock.
Water circulation provided by jebao wp-25, tunze return pump
Filtration:
Internal overflow drains into 20 gallon sump with reef octopus classic 110 internal protein skimmer, passive chemical filtration using chemi-pure elite and seachem purigen. 10% water change per week.

Okay i was thinking 4 fish total, with various snails, and hermit crabs for CUC (no shrimp cuz my mystery wrasse enjoys eating them lol)
Fish I already have that are moving in soon:
1. Mystery Wrasse
2. Naoko's fairy wrasse

Fish I want to add next after a few weeks:
3. Starki damsel
4. Kole tang (yes tang police i know I might be pushing it with this one)

Well thats it. Tell me what y'all think? If you can think of other fish to add or substitute let me know. Disclaimer: i like unique, rare, or unusual fish you don't typically see in a lot of tanks so don't suggest clownfish, cardinal fish, etc. those don't interest me.

Marshall O

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You already know this but the tank is too small for a Kole Tang IMO. Maybe replace it with a Hawkfish, smaller Hogfish, or a Toby Puffer?

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 17 7.9%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 37 17.1%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 145 67.1%
  • Neither.

Votes: 11 5.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.8%
Back