Stocking list for the future

tomtheturkey

Reef Wizard
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good Afternoon from TN,

I have been slowly planning out my future tank. I currently have 32 gallon Cube with pair of clownfish. We are wanting to get a mixed reef tank for the living room. I'm shooting for the Waterbox Infinia 190.5. Im aware of the wait times and Im in no hurry.

This tank is 132 Gallon display is 60.5" × 25.3" × 22.6"

Here is stock I'm looking at and have a few concerns and questions.

2 Clownfish
Royal gramma
Purple Firefish
3 Kaudern's Cardinalfish
Purple tang
Yellow tang
2 Spotbreast Angelfish
Blue dot Jawfish
Reef Wrasse?

CUC
Astrea snails
Cerith snails
trochus snails
turbo snails
2 skunk cleaner shrimp
2 Sexy Anemone Shrimp
1 Fighting Conch
2 emerald crabs
1 red sea star

I want a primarily peaceful tank I know tangs can be a bit aggressive, but I do want to make an exception for them. The question is Is this list too much? I wanted purple tang but I've heard he can be a bully. And I'm uncertain if these Angelfish can be with said Tangs. Above all else I want the Yellow tang or a couple if possible. The cardinal fish are expendable they are lower on the totem pole if you will. Please point any major issues/conflicts and provide suggestions. Also would like a reef safe wrasse that's colorful and not a jerk and wont eat my inverts?

Ironfish

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I always prefer and recommend having 3 tangs instead of 2. (This applies not only to Tangs but most fish especially where lots of bullying happens and in general going with odd numbers)

If you only have 2 tangs then one of them will be the dominant and the other will receive all the aggression. With 3 then the bullying gets spread out.
I had in a 150gal (5ft) : 1 yellow, 1 purple and 1 yellow eye. Then added 1 gem and 1 achilles. After some expected aggression everyone lived there happily for years.

NotReefsafe

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
NO blue dot jawfish. They require very specialized care and shouldn't be stuck into a community tank.

your two sexy shrimp may become food.

OP
OP
tomtheturkey

tomtheturkey

Reef Wizard
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I always prefer and recommend having 3 tangs instead of 2. (This applies not only to Tangs but most fish especially where lots of bullying happens and in general going with odd numbers)

If you only have 2 tangs then one of them will be the dominant and the other will receive all the aggression. With 3 then the bullying gets spread out.
I had in a 150gal (5ft) : 1 yellow, 1 purple and 1 yellow eye. Then added 1 gem and 1 achilles. After some expected aggression everyone lived there happily for years.
okay I dont mind adding a third maybe bristletooth or something.

OP
OP
tomtheturkey

tomtheturkey

Reef Wizard
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
NO blue dot jawfish. They require very specialized care and shouldn't be stuck into a community tank.

your two sexy shrimp may become food.
Are you referring because it needs the sand bed a bit deeper and sifts through the sand? Any sand sifting fish I get whether it be Goby or Jawfish would be last to go in but I guess please elaborate more on exactly what you mean

NotReefsafe

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
they need a lot of sand and colder temperatures than the rest of your fish. A sand bed of at least six inches and a chiller are minimum requirements. Tangs may stress them out, and feeding may be difficult in that environment.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 47 16.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 18 6.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 35 12.3%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 165 57.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 6.7%
Back