• Bristletooth tang

Results are only viewable after voting.

Lbrdsoxfan

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
And in a night owl (just got home from work). Its midnight for me.

Is this your first tank? I dont want to dissuade you from getting a wrasse, especially a coris, but most wrasse can be fickle but the coris is a bit of a battletank tho. Hard as heck on cuc, the burrowing and as said above a fast metabolism. I have a red coris wrasse and it rarely eats prepared frozen mysis and brine. It hunts out the pod population hardcore and that is the majority of its diet. If your get a coris, ask your LFS to feed it and buy whatever they are feeding.

OP
OP
R

Ricox

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Will do! Thanks for the advice! Probably willing to sacrifice my cuc they don't really do much. Unless I have aptasia in the future and need to buy some peppermint shrimp. And I assume it won't attack a cbs which I am thinking to add due to the price of red line skunk cleaners in Australia. $150-$180. It is such a beautiful and interesting fish! When do you recommend I add it to the tank?

OP
OP
R

Ricox

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
And in a night owl (just got home from work). Its midnight for me.

Is this your first tank? I dont want to dissuade you from getting a wrasse, especially a coris, but most wrasse can be fickle but the coris is a bit of a battletank tho. Hard as heck on cuc, the burrowing and as said above a fast metabolism. I have a red coris wrasse and it rarely eats prepared frozen mysis and brine. It hunts out the pod population hardcore and that is the majority of its diet. If your get a coris, ask your LFS to feed it and buy whatever they are feeding.
Thanks for your replys!

Lbrdsoxfan

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Will do! Thanks for the advice! Probably willing to sacrifice my cuc they don't really do much. Unless I have aptasia in the future and need to buy some peppermint shrimp. And I assume it won't attack a cbs which I am thinking to add due to the price of red line skunk cleaners in Australia. $150-$180. It is such a beautiful and interesting fish! When do you recommend I add it to the tank?
Self sustained pod population, first.

OP
OP
R

Ricox

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also if it is eating frozen will it be fine before that? As you might if read before will just be adding fish the order the store gets them in!

OP
OP
R

Ricox

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok, I went to my LFS today and I got the one spot foxface and yellow coris wrasse! Finished drip acclimating them for an hour then I put them in! I didn't actually add any more sand yet as my LFS thought my sand bed would probably be fine and just observe whether it is suitable for it. Sure enough as soon as I put in after a quick look around it dive bombed into my sand. Guess I won't see it for a while! My foxface when I tried to catch it it jumped reaching higher than the top of the bucket the it fell back in. What a scare! It is now hanging around some of the cave spaces in my tank. Hopefully it will come out soon so I can get a good pic! So exited!

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 34 44.2%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 19 24.7%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 22 28.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.6%
Back