Stocking list ideas

FrancineJ

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
looking for some stocking list ideas for a 110g high tank (48x18x30) with 40g sump

Looking for a couple staples:
Goby/shrimp combo (probably just a candy stripe and not a tiger)

Maybe 1 blue chromis (in groups I find they just kill each other off anyway)

I like Anthias and Wrasses-
Just looking looking for a VERY colorful tank... and I am looking for lots of fish and fewer corals... a lot of the corals I will have will be on the sand... lower half... and then just a couple near the top.... nothing too too fancy for coral...

So basically if I were to describe what I want with this tank is lots of fish... with some mixed corals for some extra colors and pop... but lots of colorful (not ridiculously expensive fish)
Also, not interested in huge fish like tangs or anything like that... rather have a ton of 3-6” fish then a couple big ones....

And go! Lol
Thanks in advance

Jesterrace

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tons of the smaller wrasses will work in that tank (ie Fairy, Flasher, Halichoeres, Possum/Pygmy).

Among the ones I would look at:

Lubbock's Fairy Wrasse
McCosker's or Carpenter's Flasher Wrasse
Red Lined or Christmas (H.Claudia) or Melanurus or Richmonds or Yellow Coris
Possum or Pink Streaked Wrasse

eatbreakfast

Fish Nerd
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Things I would consider that fit what you're looking for:
Lubbocks wrasse, any flasher wrasse, yellow coris wrasse, melanurus wrasse, royal gramma, flame hawk, midas blenny, a group of zebra dartfish, 3-5 azure damsels.

Kal93

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anthias add great movement, but be careful in your selection. Lyretails and Bartletts are known to all turn male and slowly kill each other off.

Fairy wrasses can get crazy expensive (IMO), so I'd purchase females they will turn male in your tank.

For your tank size, you could probably have 2-3 flashers (I'd check with the wrasse experts on this forum).

You could also add 2-3 dwarf angelfish. They usually nip at LPS/clams FYI, but you could have a flame, lemonpeel, and coral beauty, for instance.

Yasha gobies are gorgeous but may get lost in your tank (I think that the average size is 1.5")

Midas blennies have great personalities

Jesterrace

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Most Fairy Wrasses are pricey by comparison to other wrasses and many other fish, which is one of the reasons why the Lubbock's is great. Around $30 for one, which is very reasonable for such a great fish.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 29 30.9%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 24 25.5%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 18 19.1%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 23 24.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back