Stocking my biocube

abryant

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Finished cycling my biocube 32 and I’ve added a single clownfish and I’m looking to add a couple more things what do you guys recommend I add for fish and for coral

image.jpg

OP
OP
A

abryant

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What are your favorite colors? Interested in movement, perching, utilitarian, or hole dwelling?
I definitely like bright colors like orange red green blue purple. I definitely want to see the fish out swimming around not hiding all day but I am interested in maybe a goby to clean up the sand also. Let me mention this is my first tank so I’m new to the hobby and still learning.

OP
OP
A

abryant

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A royal gramma basslet would be a good choice ane possibly a shrimp goby and pistol shrimp pair
Now I was gonna do the goby and pistol shrimp what is a cool looking goby that would pair with the pistol shrimp that would help out in the tank

trsmith18

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
find whichever you like best from the goby, blennie and basslet families. Always nice like you mentioned to have the fish serve a purpose as well as being visually appealing. Be picky and dont rush because you dont get many fish in that small of tank

OP
OP
A

abryant

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
find whichever you like best from the goby, blennie and basslet families. Always nice like you mentioned to have the fish serve a purpose as well as being visually appealing. Be picky and dont rush because you dont get many fish in that small of tank
Now would I be able to put some kind of tang in there of any kind

Cthulukelele

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah a few of the smaller fairy wrasse would probably be okay in a 32 gallon, but keep an eye out for repetitive behaviors due to tank size. They have that same active movement you get in a lot of tangs. If you wanted a wrasse that would definitely be okay I'd suggest a pink streak wrasse.

OP
OP
A

abryant

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wouldn't recommend a Tang in that size. However, I have a Hooded Flame Fairy Wrasse and he's super colorful! That would work in your tank.
Now I’ve heard some wrasses are super aggressive is that one aggressive at all?

OP
OP
A

abryant

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah a few of the smaller fairy wrasse would probably be okay in a 32 gallon, but keep an eye out for repetitive behaviors due to tank size. They have that same active movement you get in a lot of tangs. If you wanted a wrasse that would definitely be okay I'd suggest a pink streak wrasse.
Yeah that one looks pretty cool but what do you mean keep an eye out for repetitive behaviors

Cthulukelele

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah that one looks pretty cool but what do you mean keep an eye out for repetitive behaviors
When fish are stressed or in undersized aquariums they will form sort of repetitive stress patterns. Sometimes things like swimming loops into one of the glass walls for hours on end our just circling a powerhead. It happens more often if an aquarium is at or just below their size requirements

Cthulukelele

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Gotcha well thanks for the input and anything else you’d recommend?
Also the smaller the tank the more likely there may be aggression issues even for relatively peaceful fish like fairy wrasse. Just keep that in mind. A lot of adding fish isn't an exact science and fish temperaments can vary from fish to fish

danenelsen

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Gotcha well thanks for the input and anything else you’d recommend?
Whatever you want! Of course you will want to do some research on how big a tank, reef safe or not, and compatibility but other than that it's up to you! I am still working on my plan to get all the different colors, but you could also aim for fish with different shapes, etc.

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 69 37.5%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 62 33.7%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 13.6%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 28 15.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back