Stocking question

Costareefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thoughts on this. It’s kinda just materialized in my tank and the fish seem to get along fine but maybe have some long term concerns. It’s a 60x20x20 mixed reef Heres the list. The tank is busy but they all stay out of each others way. One concern I have is bio load. How often do you suggest I feed? Don’t have a lot of reefers around me so I’m just trying to bounce ideas. Also I have alot of live rock and a 30 gallon sump decent skimmer.

Sargassum triggerfish

Blue throat trigger

Convict tang

Whitecheek tang

Tomini tang

2 black saddle clowns

Midas blenny

Lawnmower blenny

Long nose hawkfish

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thoughts on this. It’s kinda just materialized in my tank and the fish seem to get along fine but maybe have some long term concerns. It’s a 60x20x20 mixed reef Heres the list. The tank is busy but they all stay out of each others way. One concern I have is bio load. How often do you suggest I feed? Don’t have a lot of reefers around me so I’m just trying to bounce ideas. Also I have alot of live rock and a 30 gallon sump decent skimmer.

Sargassum triggerfish

Blue throat trigger

Convict tang

Whitecheek tang

Tomini tang

2 black saddle clowns

Midas blenny

Lawnmower blenny

Long nose hawkfish
Drop one of the two bristletooth tangs (White Tail and Tomini) - they will almost certainly fight in a 5’ tank.
You may also find that risk with the triggers unless added at the same time however @lion king may be able to help with them better.

Everything else seems good to me, maybe add a couple wrasse or similar fish for the colour at the top.

Feeding wise, I’d feed as many times as possible - 2x a day is ideal but most fish will cope with 1x a day feedings.

OP
OP
C

Costareefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Drop one of the two bristletooth tangs (White Tail and Tomini) - they will almost certainly fight in a 5’ tank.
You may also find that risk with the triggers unless added at the same time however @lion king may be able to help with them better.

Everything else seems good to me, maybe add a couple wrasse or similar fish for the colour at the top.

Feeding wise, I’d feed as many times as possible - 2x a day is ideal but most fish will cope with 1x a day feedings.
Thanks for the feedback! It’s a whitecheek tang kinda like a powder blue no the white tail bristle but it does have a white tail.

Yeah a fairy wrasse or two would be nice but was unsure if they’d do well. I was also considering a mystery wrasse or leopard something that likes to eat pods because the tank is infested with them and no real predator

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 6.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 22 15.1%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 83 56.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 6.8%
Back