Stocking reccomendations for a 20 gallon high FOWLR

Kota

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all, was looking for some different suggestions of fish and unique invertebrates to add to my research list/cart. Right now my tank is a very stable 8 months old and I just haven't had the extra money to shell out to get fish because of unfortunate personal events but I'm finally able to afford fish now :) my tank just has snails around 15lbs of live rock and a 3-4inch deep sand bed, I'd prefer to stay in the 10-75 dollar range per fish and would love see if anyone has any unique invertebrate ideas. Thanks all such much for your time! :)

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Hi all, was looking for some different suggestions of fish and unique invertebrates to add to my research list/cart. Right now my tank is a very stable 8 months old and I just haven't had the extra money to shell out to get fish because of unfortunate personal events but I'm finally able to afford fish now :) my tank just has snails around 15lbs of live rock and a 3-4inch deep sand bed, I'd prefer to stay in the 10-75 dollar range per fish and would love see if anyone has any unique invertebrate ideas. Thanks all such much for your time! :)
Twin spot blenny
Fire fish goby
Banggai cardinal
Midas blenny
Engineer goby
Clowns- place last

OP
OP
Kota

Kota

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Twin spot blenny
Fire fish goby
Banggai cardinal
Midas blenny
Engineer goby
Clowns- place last
Do the cardinals have to be in pairs or groups I was told that awhile back when I was looking at getting fish the first time around?

Bucs20fan

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Theres dozens of each out there. My personal favorite will always be a yellow watchman goby. The straight yellow against a sandbed is very nice. As far as pistols go, tigers are the most common and affordable for sure. but there are many others you can find and none of them get terribly expensive which is why I love this combo.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Do the cardinals have to be in pairs or groups I was told that awhile back when I was looking at getting fish the first time around?
No- I have a single banggai almost 4 years. Pajama cardinals do well in trios

OP
OP
Kota

Kota

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Theres dozens of each out there. My personal favorite will always be a yellow watchman goby. The straight yellow against a sandbed is very nice. As far as pistols go, tigers are the most common and affordable for sure. but there are many others you can find and none of them get terribly expensive which is why I love this combo.
Thank you for your time I'll update this thread when I eventually figure the stocking list and get them to let you know what I got :)

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 60 33.5%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 6 3.4%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 47 26.3%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 58 32.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.5%
Back