Stocking Suggestions for a peaceful Tank

  • Thread starter Thread starter Dr.Abag
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Dr.Abag

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 6, 2023
Messages
89
Reaction score
37
Location
NewZealand
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all, I have a 6 month old waterbox 60. I had a Blue Tang, Bristletooth Tang, Dottyback, Lawnmover Blenny, Diamond Goby and 2 clowns in there.

Last week I have rehomed the Dottyback and the Tangs, the Blenny is a bully and i
Plan to rehome him as well.

So current stock list:
2 clowns, 1 Diamond Goby. I plan to add 2 more fish and Shrimp down the line to this list. Can anyone recommend 2 good fish that would go well with the current lot.

I am from NZ and here is the website from
the local LFS, we are limited in options, so would prefer suggestions based on whatever is here, I don’t mind waiting for out of stock fish as well.

https://easternmarineaquariums.co.nz/products/bluehead-fairy-wrasse/
 
I
Hi all, I have a 6 month old waterbox 60. I had a Blue Tang, Bristletooth Tang, Dottyback, Lawnmover Blenny, Diamond Goby and 2 clowns in there.

Last week I have rehomed the Dottyback and the Tangs, the Blenny is a bully and i
Plan to rehome him as well.

So current stock list:
2 clowns, 1 Diamond Goby. I plan to add 2 more fish and Shrimp down the line to this list. Can anyone recommend 2 good fish that would go well with the current lot.

I am from NZ and here is the website from
the local LFS, we are limited in options, so would prefer suggestions based on whatever is here, I don’t mind waiting for out of stock fish as well.

https://easternmarineaquariums.co.nz/products/bluehead-fairy-wrasse/
I’d go for an Exquisite Wrasse or Lubbock’s Wrasse and a Exquisite Firefish personally.
 
Haha my clowns are still juvenile and they are scared of the Blenny
Clowns have some funny personalities, I got my two (Bacon and Eggs) an Anemone (aka the Airfryer) and they have so far avoided it altogether.
 
Clowns have some funny personalities, I got my two (Bacon and Eggs) an Anemone (aka the Airfryer) and they have so far avoided it altogether.
100% my previous clowns in a nano tank were monsters, would kill anything and everything I put in. They even hurt my hand when cleaning. And these ones just hide when something comes near them.
 
In the same boat planning only peaceful fish. Seems you can never tell for sure though. Red or purple fire fish is on my list. Cardinal fish would be good as long as the clowns leave it alone. I’ve heard good things about tailspot blenny and starry blenny too. Something smaller like neon goby might also be good. Yellow watchman goby, if you visually wouldn’t mind a second bottom-dwelling fish. I’m planning a long nose hawkish, something like that could go with clowns too.
 
In the same boat planning only peaceful fish. Seems you can never tell for sure though. Red or purple fire fish is on my list. Cardinal fish would be good as long as the clowns leave it alone. I’ve heard good things about tailspot blenny and starry blenny too. Something smaller like neon goby might also be good. Yellow watchman goby, if you visually wouldn’t mind a second bottom-dwelling fish.
I had heard the Lawnmover is peaceful and then it bullied my BT and now it’s bullying the Goby. So annoying . I want a fire fish and Carpenters Wrasse.
 
I had heard the Lawnmover is peaceful and then it bullied my BT and now it’s bullying the Goby. So annoying . I want a fire fish and Carpenters Wrasse.
My lawnmowers have been mean! Lol. Go for a tailspot blenny instead. Little cuties and peaceful
 
My lawnmowers have been mean! Lol. Go for a tailspot blenny instead. Little cuties and peaceful
I just bought one of these guys and a wheelers goby paired up with a shrimp of some sort. Dreaming about a proper shrimp goby pair was got me started on this hobby years ago. I thought and still do think that it's the coolest relationship. I've always wanted one. But, for one reason or another missed the mark.


I'm way more excited about the tailspot than I am the pair after reading copious amounts about tailspots. Shipping day can't get here soon enough.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 4 25.0%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 18.8%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 5 31.3%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 4 25.0%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new