Stocking suggestions

Kingsley_Reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 22, 2018
Messages
2,021
Reaction score
5,397
Location
Pennsylvania
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Been battling low nitrates on my newer upgraded setup had a suggestion to add more fish and feed more instead of dosing nitrate good idea bad idea?
System:
-system roughly 105g
-60 gal display
-connected 25g frag tank
-40breeder custom sump estimated 20 gals

Stock:
-2 clownfish 7y.o
-yellow watchman goby 5y.o
-fire shrimp 2y.o
-6 line wrase 2y.o
-Tomini tang 6m-1y.o (rescued and thriving don’t kill me tang police)
-CUC 3 hermits ,mixed snails
-2 four stripe damsel (in frag tank they are super aggressive twards other fish) 3y.o
Corals are mostly sps and zoas I do have a hammer and large candy cane in the display

Wife wants a fire fish I’m okay with that but most of my fish are black white and orange kind of wanted to get something different plus I know they hide a lot suggestions appreciated
 
I like my Harlequin tusk. It eats like a pig but can handle clownfish aggression and doesn’t fight with anything other than defense moves, not biting.
 
Been battling low nitrates on my newer upgraded setup had a suggestion to add more fish and feed more instead of dosing nitrate good idea bad idea?
System:
-system roughly 105g
-60 gal display
-connected 25g frag tank
-40breeder custom sump estimated 20 gals

Stock:
-2 clownfish 7y.o
-yellow watchman goby 5y.o
-fire shrimp 2y.o
-6 line wrase 2y.o
-Tomini tang 6m-1y.o (rescued and thriving don’t kill me tang police)
-CUC 3 hermits ,mixed snails
-2 four stripe damsel (in frag tank they are super aggressive twards other fish) 3y.o
Corals are mostly sps and zoas I do have a hammer and large candy cane in the display

Wife wants a fire fish I’m okay with that but most of my fish are black white and orange kind of wanted to get something different plus I know they hide a lot suggestions appreciated
The firefish is to docile to go in now.
Put in first, maybe, but last?
They usual like to just chill.

A Royal Gramma or Orchid dottyback might do better at holding their own against others.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 10 5.8%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 13 7.5%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 15.6%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 58 33.5%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.2%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 12 6.9%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 12 6.9%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 27 15.6%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 12 6.9%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new