Stocking Suggestions

JGTPA

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 24, 2021
Messages
66
Reaction score
19
Location
Tampa
What state or country do you live in
Florida
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm looking for suggestions on species for my next fish. I have a 120 gallon / 90gal display. Goal is soft corals but want to focus on mostly active fish. Currently I have the following fish:
- foxface
- 2 ocellaris clowns
- 3 Dispar anthias
- 1 Blue eye kole tang
Corals:
- zoas
- GSP
- cespitularia
- Leather nephthea

I'm looking for more active fish rather than bottom or rock dwelling fish. I'm thinking 1 or 2 more before being fully stocked. I also need fish that can hold their own with the kole Tang. Any suggestions?
 
I like them! Are they pretty easy/Hardy?
 
i really like my small "spanish hog fish" its like 2 inches long but they are reef safe and eat parasites when they are young, its not that common but the colors are cool and my local reef shop has 1 with 2 tangs cleaning their frag tank. I keep mine in a fowlr, 120 is big. They can get huge but its rare they exceed 5-7 inches in captivity. I know of 2 that are over 6 and barely 5 inches fed daily.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 9 22.5%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 5 12.5%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 11 27.5%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 2 5.0%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 1 2.5%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 2 5.0%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 3 7.5%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 7 17.5%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new