Stocking

SmellzFishy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
180 gallon current residents- 7 Chromis, Diamond Goby, Purple Firefish, Juvenile Emperor Angel, Orange Shoulder Tang 8 blue legged hermits…planning to add a Bicolor Angel, Coral Beauty some type of Wrasse, Niger Trigger and Kole Tang. The Orange shoulder is the newest resident and biggest, everyone gets along well… Looking for suggestions on what the order should be to add the rest of my livestock. I know the hermits will probably not be around like I added them when I was entering ugly stage awhile back.

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
180 gallon current residents- 7 Chromis, Diamond Goby, Purple Firefish, Juvenile Emperor Angel, Orange Shoulder Tang 8 blue legged hermits…planning to add a Bicolor Angel, Coral Beauty some type of Wrasse, Niger Trigger and Kole Tang. The Orange shoulder is the newest resident and biggest, everyone gets along well… Looking for suggestions on what the order should be to add the rest of my livestock. I know the hermits will probably not be around like I added them when I was entering ugly stage awhile back.
I would add the two newest angels at the same time. This will most likely disperse aggression from the current Angel if there is any.

What wrasse do you plan to add? Some wrasses and your Firefish may be at risk due to the trigger.

fishguy242

Cronies..... INSERT BUILD THREAD BADGE HERE !!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hi, welcome to the reef... :)

OP
OP
SmellzFishy

SmellzFishy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, welcome to the reef... :)
Thank you! Been following for some time lots of great info here!
I would add the two newest angels at the same time. This will most likely disperse aggression from the current Angel if there is any.

What wrasse do you plan to add? Some wrasses and your Firefish may be at risk due to the trigger.

I really can’t make my mind up on type of wrasse? No corals FOWLR…If I could pick one would be a Green Bird it’s one of my favorites. Seems like all the wrasses I research will either not be aggressive enough or murder the clean up crew and maybe my Firefish. As for trigger- hoping to get away with adding a smallish Niger or Bluethroat and hoping they will be non aggressive or at least stay small. I’m going to set up bigger tank in a year or so to transfer some residents as they get closer to adult size.

Last edited:

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 24.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.3%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back