Stocklist for Red Sea Reefer 625XL

drino

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi reefers,

So 10 months in my hubby said ‘go big or go home’ so we ditched the 75G DT and HOB overflow for a new Red Sea Reefer 625XXL with new ReefLED lights. This tank is so amazing, we just love it! We have for corals mushrooms, Duncan’s, fungia and Zoas, and some peaceful fish, but need more! I want some hammers and more LSP but need suggestions on more reef friendly, peaceful fishy tankmates. We have:
2x ocellaris clownfish (Bozo and Shakes)
Midas blenny (Blenny Hill)
One spot foxface rabbitfish, juvenile (Spot, follows the Kole tang around like a puppy)
Kole tang, juvenile
Royal gamma
Banggai Cardinal
Cleaner shrimp (Bubba, aka Gump, love this lil guy, hand fed lil buffoon)
CUC with various snails, hermit and emerald crabs

I’d love a Naso tang or scopas tang, and maybe schooling fish like chromis (but hear they will pick on each other until only 1 is left). The Kole tang is very tolerant of other fish, lets the lil rabbitfish tail him around, no aggression when picking at the same algae clip. I hear some other tangs can run in our tank if they’re from different families. Wrasse? (Not 6 line). Thinking we’d add a naso or scopas last?

What would you put in this tank to stock it out? It’s so big compared to the 75g we had that it needs more corals and critters. Looking kinda bare. 133G DT. Simplicity 320 skimmer, algae scrubber.
558DD84C-8CCC-4053-86CA-B5813237EC7B.jpeg

Last edited:

AZMSGT

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I also have a new 625 and my planned live stock will be:
3 Chromis
2 ocularis clowns
1 royal gama
1 purple firefish
2 anthias
1 lemon peal tang
2 purple tangs

Naso tangs are some of the biggest tangs, I would not put one in our 625 tanks.

Mykawl

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
pistol shrimp and goby seems to be a must have :) just watch your frags if they're on the sandbed and drop them in the tank where you want them to be they just might stay.

the pink and orange spotted ones look awesome in my opinion

im a fan of utilitarian fish so like lawnmower blenny / nassarius snails to clean the sand for you etc, (both happen to be fun to watch) i'm not sure if chromis will really do that might wanna look more into it but i have blue damsals and they simply establish dominance then dont really mess with eachother much more and is a pretty schooling fish.

OP
OP
drino

drino

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I also have a new 625 and my planned live stock will be:
3 Chromis
2 ocularis clowns
1 royal gama
1 purple firefish
2 anthias
1 lemon peal tang
2 purple tangs

Naso tangs are some of the biggest tangs, I would not put one in our 625 tanks.
That’s a great stocklist. Lordy, those purple tangs are stunning. Looking into Anthias too.

OP
OP
drino

drino

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
pistol shrimp and goby seems to be a must have :) just watch your frags if they're on the sandbed and drop them in the tank where you want them to be they just might stay.

the pink and orange spotted ones look awesome in my opinion

im a fan of utilitarian fish so like lawnmower blenny / nassarius snails to clean the sand for you etc, (both happen to be fun to watch) i'm not sure if chromis will really do that might wanna look more into it but i have blue damsals and they simply establish dominance then dont really mess with eachother much more and is a pretty schooling fish.

I’d read that blue damsels can be holy terrors. Doesn’t sound like that’s your experience. Love the look of them. Love the bass arias snails and how they pop up when they see fish feeding. Not sure I have enuf algae for the lawnmower blenny. I guess I can add more algae sheets.

mattzang

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
scopas should be fine in that tank

some anthias are super hard and some are fairly easy, just gotta feed a lot

i'd check out wrasses, fairy flasher and halichoeres.

chrysiptera damsels are the damsels you'll want to check out. i have a springeri and its the whimpiest fish in my tank. avoid some like taupou though

that tank is big enough for reef safe angels (genicanthus) and reef safe butterflies like pyramid or zoster. copperband and yellow longnose are cool too, but if u want acans they might eat them. centropyge angels would be cool as well but they might mow down some of your zoas

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 53 40.2%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 27 20.5%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 48 36.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.0%
Back