Stolen coral update

Status
Not open for further replies.

reefz3ro

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Superstein yes there is. Its a Pharmacy where u me anyone can pay there cable , internet, phone, dont have credit so dont pay credit card's. I dont think its anyones business really besides Pat and mine. Your opinions and comments do not matter.

frank a

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is the 3rd party I don't know the both of you. But as a buyer I make sure of what I buy.You do still have the corals,I would treat them.I know of poeple getting rid of red bugs.1st you should paypal the money that you agree to do thru paypal you will get a receipt. The damage is done. Then if you need to take the 2nd party to small claim court you should but at lease you two could move on and then you should work on your reputation.People should not jump to judge they should help.Good Luck to the both of you hope I help.

ca2or

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
you don't have to send a check or anything....there is this site you can go to....it's kept a secret...it's called PAYPAL....geez. I have no idea why all of this is going down but my thought would be to resolve it and move on. You will most likely have a bad rep for a while but you know what....sooner or later, all will be forgotten and you can go about your business.

OP
OP
buck50bmg

buck50bmg

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow, this is getting out of hand.

I really dont understand your logic in this.

As for the brown flat things you are talking about...... I NEVER had them, must hav been in your tank. Stop the lying!!! Stop the excuses!!!

If your that weak of a man, and you cant handle someone getting upset at you, then I think you need to talk to a professional.

As for the whole way you pay you bills, I dont care or should I. I think its kind of strange you want me to call ATT and see why your Iphone doent receive any of the texts I have sent you.

I really dont think Im dealing with someone who is mentaly there, and as such I dont think a lawsuit would work since you need two compentant parties. You just dont seem ready to defend yourself. By the way, you will have to pay me and the court via a money order.

So here is the deal, this is waisting way too much of my time.

You have 1 week untill 9-14-09 at 12 noon to pay me in full. My lawyer will be getting a printout of this thread as well. He has already done a reverse lookup on your cell phone number, the information from that has been given to your local police department. They are all waiting on me to give them the word to proceed if you dont pay me.

Your choice.

Good Luck

ca2or

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bummer....it is always disappointing to see stuff like this happen. From what I have read, and keep in mind I don't know either one of you two, but you seem like a pretty cool individual. Always sad to see. I hope you have better interactions with others. And I hope to see this resolved.

cloakerpoked

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You still couldn't have payed for your premium membership on this site without a credit card or checking account. As TJ so pointedly noted in both of the posts on here, red bugs are very easily dealt with. I've gotten them from a local reefer (suspect it might've even been TJ) but I'll continue to buy from him in the future, and I pay a lot more to him per inch of coral than you did with Pat. The fact is, if you get red bugs in your tank, you should've quarantined better. Links have been provided for you showing you how to rid your tank of red bugs, and honestly, that shouldn't be Pat's responsibility to begin with. You (I assume) inspected the coral in person, and gladly agreed to the price. If he had shipped it all to you, and it was not as advertised, you'd have a case, but you saw with your own eyes exactly what you were purchasing. I suspect that you know enough to talk about what might be an AEFW in a way that makes you seem ignorant (or at least naive) and victimized by Pat's practices. If you really are this naive, then its at least as likely you got flatworms or whatever you now have from other purchases (LR, other corals, etc) as from Pat, and actually more so since his system had been running for quite some time and wouldn't have experienced the success and growth with major pest control issues.

Somebody doesn't sell a $15k plus system for pennies on the dollar because they have something that can be treated with Interceptor and Flatworm exit. At the very least, he would've held onto his tank and lights and skimmer instead of selling 5 MH fixtures, bulbs, and ballasts for $450 an a 125 gallon tank for $150, so your insinuations (either here or on the other thread) that he sold his livestock knowing full well that it was infected with stuff (and actually BECAUSE he knew it was infected) just doesn't really make any sense given the facts of the situation.

Basically, I see it this way:
1.) You owe the man $500. You ought to pay him what he owes you. Pay him through paypal, or pay one of your friends who does have a checking account who you trust to cut Pat a $500 check. I know I'm assuming that you have one such friend, but it seems awfully likely to me that this would be a feasible option.

2.) You are either naive (and could've gotten flatworms, red bugs, etc.) from anywhere or you are trying to find an excuse not to pay. I hope the first condition is true, in which case its not fair for you to blame one person for your current struggles. You need to adopt a more rigorous QT procedure from now on, and since you obviously don't have one currently, the pests could've come from literally anywhere.

3.) You purchased everything as it was at the time of purchase. You inspected it in person before taking it, agreed to a price and a payment schedule which should have been followed. I doubt if there was an agreement (written or verbal) that you would not have to pay if certain pests began to appear in your tank.

4.) Many of us know Pat, and many others of us owe a lot to him because of what a stand-up guy he has been in our club. You can't expect to imply that he has dealt with you unfairly without a severe backlash.

5.) I don't believe that anyone in our club would follow through on any threat of violence. Words spoken in anger can often totally misrepresent our intents/feelings. I feel very confident, knowing almost everyone involved in this discussion for the Pittsburgh club personally, that you, and your family are completely safe; and that honestly nobody even wants to involve your family in this situation at all. Again I'm sure that perhaps it had been implied in some angry words, but those words are empty when it comes to what will actually happen.

6. I think it's fair to say that already, regardless of the outcome of this situation, there are many people on this message board who wouldn't want to deal with you because of the way events have transpired. This is out of your control, and is in no way a proper excuse to drag things out any more.

7. To insinuate, imply, or come right out and say that Pat knowing sold you damaged goods does not jive with the facts of the situation (why sell equipment when its just the livestock that's faulty) or our collective experiences of Pat. I think this is where people (I'll include myself in this) feel that we need to defend him, because your attack on his integrity, at least in all of our experiences, is not just unfair and ridiculous, but something that needs to be addressed.

There, I've said my peace...and hopefully you can work out something (like talking to a friend as I suggested) to get them to cut Pat a check. If you want to drive to my town (in Gibsonia) and meet me, I will be happy to accept $500 cash, and get it to Pat immediately, and to give you a written document (notorized at your expense should you require it) stating that you have given me the money with the understanding that it will be delivered to Pat in fulfillment of the $500 that you owe him for his livestock.

ca2or

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OMG....it's only $500.....

Dude, just pay him.

reefguy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
First off I see Pat admits the red bugs. I can see getting upset over it especially if you asked and simply didn't want to deal with them. My opinion I wouldn't want to deal them. Im not taking sides here but you guys really should just meet in the middle. Come to an agreement. You guys were both wrong. Court really isn't worth it.

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
This is really getting old on many accounts. Buck I am sorry that you have not been paid and I hope you do get paid. That being said I can't allow this to continue here at R2R. You have said your peace and many others who have no business in this at all have as well. It would not have gotten this bad, and I am talking about the other thread too, had this not been a holiday weekend and many of the mods not been away from computers.

That also being said reefz3ro, there is really no excuse for not paying for the corals and you should really do what you can at this point to make it right. There is nothing R2R can do and will not do except ban members who have bad reputations in order to spare other members from being stolen from. I am not calling you a thief, but what you doing is called stealing. You need to judge yourself and your own motives at this point.

This thread and the other thread is being closed. I would like for you too PM me reefz3ro to let me know your plan of repayment in order to continue to be a member of R2R.

Buck I would also like a PM from you letting me know if a resolution of this matter has been agreed on. If and when it occurs this thread will be updated either way in the very near future.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 46 29.3%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 6 3.8%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 43 27.4%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 54 34.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 5.1%
Back