Stomatella larva ??? I’d

47aquatics

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 29, 2024
Messages
72
Reaction score
85
Location
ny/nj
What state or country do you live in
New Jersey
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m guessing these are just baby stomas as I have a huge population that is always breeding but wanted to make sure …..

They have vertebra and I can see their hearts beating / some sore of respiration doesn’t look like any flat worm I’ve seen which is missing any sort of skeleton structure usually

Anyone can ID thanks ?

FCB4EAA4-6D48-48E8-897B-DE9F642C25E0.png
 
Or baby chiton? They move really fast for their size much faster than I think a stoma
 
I think I’ve id it as some sort of isopod or pill bug Sphaeromatidae
Possibly the exact species is :

Cassidinidea ovalis possibly​

 
Definitely a bug. I think I have some of these too.
Yes it’s some type of isopod from what I gather (these are very small - sesame seed size) I think they eat detritus and are benificial clean up crew but I could be wrong
 
Don't know what it is but great pictures! Not the usual can't tell what we're looking at.
Ye they are sesame seed size was not easy getting photo had to use magnifying lens lol - these are some type of isopod the question is what type and benificial or not

So far everything leads to reef / safe detrivor but let’s see who will
Chime in some of the experts was it twillard
 

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 9 22.5%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 5 12.5%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 11 27.5%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 2 5.0%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 1 2.5%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 2 5.0%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 3 7.5%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 7 17.5%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new