OP
stoney7713

stoney7713

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
12   0   0
How are the nozzles for your Evo? I'm looking to give a little upgrade to mine?
Random flow generator nozzles. I printed them with my new printer to test it out. They work but the pump is so weak it basically just disperses the flow.

I might try a single return line and put one on it instead of 2.

Projects with Sam

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Random flow generator nozzles. I printed them with my new printer to test it out. They work but the pump is so weak it basically just disperses the flow.

I might try a single return line and put one on it instead of 2.
The free turbulent flow nozzles seem to be tuned for way more flow then anyone really uses on their returns. The one you buy from Kris are shorter so they don't need as much flow.

OP
OP
stoney7713

stoney7713

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
12   0   0
What pump are you running? I’m about to setup a 13.5 and have a sicce 1.0 with a vca rfg and I hope it’s enough flow for the tank (lps and softies).
I'm just running the stock return pump. It's pretty weak I agree to that, and could definitely use more flow. But it gets the job done with a small powerhead for water movement.

From what I've read the sicce should be plenty with a RFG.

I'm keeping this build pretty simple. I did add a insert for chamber 1, so I can run filter floss and carbon or whatever else I want.

OP
OP
stoney7713

stoney7713

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
12   0   0
Look what I found when I turned on the lights! Urchin hitchhiker! It's been over a month and never knew the little guy was even in there!
20230508_133145.jpg

OP
OP
stoney7713

stoney7713

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
12   0   0
Moved my female mandarin to my Fluval. The male was becoming too aggressive and nipping her fins.

It's full of pods right now and I got a few buckets outside full too. She should be happy for awhile till I figure something else out.

OP
OP
stoney7713

stoney7713

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
12   0   0
So much for keeping it close to stock, I just ordered a Noopsyche K7 V3. I just think the stock light is just too weak, my shrooms are just existing, despite dosing nutrients and AFR.

So I will be adding a screen top and 3D printed some corner pieces.
20230722_213820.jpg

Ignore the banana, kid's snack and I was in a hurry to snap a pic. :rolling-on-the-floor-laughing:

OP
OP
stoney7713

stoney7713

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
12   0   0
Well that was a chore, got my noo-psyche light today. It does not play well with newer routers even if you can separate the bands... Even tried the whole hotspot on the phone trick, worked for jebao but not this.

Had to drag out an old wireless G router, set up an identical network, connect to the light, then it would connect to my router, at which point adjust the IP address in the app and bingo. I have full wifi connection to the light.

Unlike the jebao stuff, functionality is exactly the same as in AP, you still have to be connected to the same network and you can't connect to it outside of that network. So time wasted, AP mode works just as well.

Just need to mount it and take par readings.

Now I need more SBB corals for my Fluval.

Projects with Sam

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Well that was a chore, got my noo-psyche light today. It does not play well with newer routers even if you can separate the bands... Even tried the whole hotspot on the phone trick, worked for jebao but not this.

Had to drag out an old wireless G router, set up an identical network, connect to the light, then it would connect to my router, at which point adjust the IP address in the app and bingo. I have full wifi connection to the light.

Unlike the jebao stuff, functionality is exactly the same as in AP, you still have to be connected to the same network and you can't connect to it outside of that network. So time wasted, AP mode works just as well.

Didn’t @Mhamilton0911 have issues till they got a new router?

Mhamilton0911

BitterSalty
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah, I had a basic provider router and I couldn't even sign in to separate bands, but I did a bunch of stuff, including a new router, and somehow magically I got it to work.

Or it was all the help of @N1tew0lf1212 . Definitely the latter. :cool:

OP
OP
stoney7713

stoney7713

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
12   0   0
Didn’t @Mhamilton0911 have issues till they got a new router?
I have a fairly new router, TP-Link AX4300 pro, I set the guest network, different SSID, as 2.4 only. I will never again us the providers equipment.

I also tried using the hotspot on my phone set to 2.4, that usually works.

Using the old router, settings the SSID and password the same as the guest network while it is shut off, allowed me to connect to it via wifi.

Then I turned the guest network back on, and the router picked up the new device, it assigned an IP address and in the app when I went to connect to the light, I changed the IP address to the same as it still had the IP address of the old router.

It's something with the initial handshake that it doesn't seem to like.

I don't really see any advantage of being wifi, as I still have to connect to the guest network to control the light. The same process as AP, unless I'm missing something.

steveschuerger

I love Gonis and Euphyllia. Maybe too much
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I’m having similar problem with my InkBird controller for my nanos heater. Manual works ok, but it’s supposed to be able connect to Wi-Fi . I have one of the routers XFinity supplies. Dual Band but just won’t connect, even though the app sees the controller. Odd thing is my ReefBreeders light controller connected just fine. I’m wondering if I should see if I can find something that could work as a “middleman” for the Wi-Fi .

OP
OP
stoney7713

stoney7713

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
12   0   0
I’m having similar problem with my InkBird controller for my nanos heater. Manual works ok, but it’s supposed to be able connect to Wi-Fi . I have one of the routers XFinity supplies. Dual Band but just won’t connect, even though the app sees the controller. Odd thing is my ReefBreeders light controller connected just fine. I’m wondering if I should see if I can find something that could work as a “middleman” for the Wi-Fi .
Which inkbird do you have?

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 8 7.1%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 3.6%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 5 4.5%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 90 80.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 4.5%

Back