Stony coral identification? What is this?

Jackjackson

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 17, 2012
Messages
39
Reaction score
22
Location
Miami, FL
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I found this at my local fish store. It feels like a stony. It's Blueish purple. Grows out in a fan like pattern. I think it's Indonesian cause it came in on that shipment.
ImageUploadedByREEF2REEF1428978325.872215.jpg
 
Quite possibly a Distichopora sp. Such a massive growth form with odd protrubances could very well be Distichopora irregularis.

Very difficult to feed genus.
 
It looks cool for sure. Is it under blue light only? Hard to see the color.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 4 16.0%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 1 4.0%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 2 8.0%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new