Stories behind your avi?

rodney

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine is Albie coolest fish I ever had in the 90s with a nice patch of turf algae. Thanks to my first metal halides! It was horrible so I guess it represents the best and worst experience I have had in the hobby!

JasonK84

I want more!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It’s a Molly Miller blenny I caught while on vacation in Galveston August 2018. Caught him and 2 other blennies with a net on the beach. One is a feather duster blenny and the third is a female Molly Miller and they spawn regularly/ constantly in my tank. I loved his coloring at the time of the pic but now that he has matured into an adult he is not near as pretty. He is big though. Went from about a 1.5” fish when I caught him a year ago to 4.5” a year later.

KrisReef

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The guy in the picture was taken on the upper landing of a "Horn Blower Yacht" at the dock in San Diego after the conclusion of an oil spill exercise where I performed the duties of an Environmental Unit Leader. If I recall the day correctly, they seemed to have failed to get credit for their mandated drill because they didn't provide glazed donuts for breakfast? Muffins with coffee, ugh. The weather was nice but the disappointment with the glazed shortage is clear in my mugshot.

What a nice thread @ScottR!

It shows what motivates a lot of beautiful and creative reef enthusiasts to post for their avatar. I guessed that was your significant other hiding in your photo, fyi.

OP
OP
ScottR

ScottR

Surfing....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The guy in the picture was taken on the upper landing of a "Horn Blower Yacht" at the dock in San Diego after the conclusion of an oil spill exercise where I performed the duties of an Environmental Unit Leader. If I recall the day correctly, they seemed to have failed to get credit for their mandated drill because they didn't provide glazed donuts for breakfast? Muffins with coffee, ugh. The weather was nice but the disappointment with the glazed shortage is clear in my mugshot.

What a nice thread @ScottR!

It shows what motivates a lot of beautiful and creative reef enthusiasts to post for their avatar. I guessed that was your significant other hiding in your photo, fyi.
Lol. Muffins....
Yeah, wifey is hiding in there. She’s a bit shy so I spared her the fame.

TheIcon42

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine is Randy Orton standing in front of Bray Wyatts burning home. I love professional wrestling as much as I love my tank, I even do a bit of independent pro wrestling myself. I also chose it because it’s a good representation of how I feel about my tank at times lol

lapin

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dogfish - It was my old name here but lost the email it was connected too along with the password

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 24 14.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 6.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 24 14.3%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 96 57.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 7.1%
Back