OP
OP
Stpatrick

Stpatrick

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I also forgot to update on plumbing. That went ok. As luck has it. The laundry room sink (sink and cabinets are no longer there. I will need to put in new cabinets, sink, counter top, etc) copper pipes and vent and directly in the path of where my drain and return are going. After some thinking I was able to separate one of the water pipes and vent line JUST enough to squeeze my tank plumbing between and into the laundry room. Were it will take 90 degree turn, go through another wall and into the garage. :cry: Not going to be an easy task.

Here are the drain and return lines. At this point they are painted and pushed through and into the laundry room. Thats where they end, for now.

OP
OP
Stpatrick

Stpatrick

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Let the scape begin. I wanted a open feel to this build. My pillars on my last build restricted placement of corals and flow. This build will have one pillars that jets up for the front left corner and an island /cave in the front right corner. I will also incorporate some cutting and fitting like I did on the last build. I will encase the overflow box and back wall.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Stpatrick

Stpatrick

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is the scape. Mostly done. I still need to build the left side pillar. You can see the start of it here.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Stpatrick

Stpatrick

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I also got around to hanging the lights. I hung the canopy with 1/16" steal braided cable. Up to the ceiling from the tank is around 15'

I also was able to put the sand in. It's starting to look like a reef :)

Last edited:
OP
OP
Stpatrick

Stpatrick

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I didn't like the power cables hanging there. I decided to run them in the wall and down to the ballast. I had to move the tank out from the wall to accomplish this. :help: But the fruits of my labor looks fantastic. :bounce:

Last edited:
OP
OP
Stpatrick

Stpatrick

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
And a look at how thinking are coming along in the inside. Sumo is in. Barley fit. I am using a Reeflo Snapper/Dart Hybrid for my return pump. I plan on running 1 1/4 pvc all the way to the bottom on the tank. There is will reduce to 3/4. I should get crazy flow back to the tank. I also picked up a new protein skimmer. ATI PowerCone 250 I-Series. I am also trying to figure out where to install the DJ switches.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Stpatrick

Stpatrick

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Check out the protein skimmer. It said some assembly required. Thats an understatement. To ad to that, there are no instructions! I am pretty exited about it though! Thanks Marc for hooking me up.

This is what it should look like after I get it put together.

OP
OP
Stpatrick

Stpatrick

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thought I would share some stock pictures of the sump. I picked this up really cheap from a guy on reef central.

OP
OP
Stpatrick

Stpatrick

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is a picture with everything plumbed and leak checked. The grey pipe you see in the back is coming from the frag tank overflow box. It will drain into the fuge chamber to feed it. I plan on running fiji mud and a mix of algae I am picking up from a high tech local reefer. Thanks Cornell. I Teed off the return and will install three other feed lines. They will feed my external 30 ngallon reserve/deep sand bed barrel, chiller and frag tank.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 15 18.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 3 3.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 13 16.3%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 41 51.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 10.0%
Back